Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just received and interesting email from Richard Quinn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received and interesting email from Richard Quinn....

The interesting thing about it was it actually looked like it was on the level. I've seen many phishing attempts go by and can see right through the best of them, however, just look at this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	rtq26042017b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1753921

If you ever correspond with RTQ, as I do on occasion, this seems like the real thing. This floored me until I checked the source code and saw the sender was some Polish schlep.
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

I got an email from the FBI today informing me I have $10 million in an overseas account. Seemed legit.

Comment

I keep getting phone calls saying I owe the IRS. They are going to arrest me if I don't send them money. They haven't showed up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
        The interesting thing about it was it actually looked like it was on the level. I've seen many phishing attempts go by and can see right through the best of them, however, just look at this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63735[/ATTACH]

If you ever correspond with RTQ, as I do on occasion, this seems like the real thing. This floored me until I checked the source code and saw the sender was some Polish schlep.
        New to me!! Wish someone did owe me $2200! What were you supposed to get for your money?
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I get a lot of these kinds of things. I NEVER open them. If someone you don't know sends you a PDF, don't just go opening it and click around. Part of my job is actually creating PDFs and at the very least I could put a link in the PDF to a site that would download malicious software on your PC.

Comment

And if you get a phone call, never give a "yes" or "no" answer.
            Some crooks are recording your voice and if they get access to your accounts, they can use your voice to authorize crap.
            I have gotten several robo calls recently. Block them all.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If you knew nothing about what was being discussed STOP! Ask yourself, is there a way of verifying this without clicking on a link? If so, do that. If not, delete it. If it is really legitimate and important the party or parties concerned will contact you in another way.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                New to me!! Wish someone did owe me $2200! What were you supposed to get for your money?
                HA!...I suppose, given the popular mode of TV offerings these days...what ever it is, if you pay NOW!...He will throw in a second one "FREE!" (just pay a separate fee.)
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                X