Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 president coupe express?

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/stu...e-express.html

Was this offered or is this a made up truck?
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

A phantom, but at that price an incredible buy. Something seems off.

However, if it is real, unfortunate whomever made it didn't size the cab to fit tall guys, I'd be on a plane with cash in hand.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

What's the catch? It's gorgeous!
      Bill

Comment

There's no reason NOT to buy that!
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The price can't be right.

Comment

I spoke with the owner right before the auction ended and I believe he was wanting somewhere around 40-45k for it, I don't know who bought it but the last bid I saw was North of 30k on Ebay. I had a lot of President parts on it but looked nice!
            sigpic

Comment

I'd give it a prize for the ugliest interior ever, but the outside is gorgeous.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                while not current,the interior 'screams" the 1980's.The owner had mentioned that he had lowered it by removing leaf springs, for lack of a better word, CASO comes to mind!
                sigpic

Comment

Not the ugliest, but close. Besides a questionable color choice, the steering wheel seems like a big mistake on a vehicle that looks so stock. However, I could still live with it.
                  sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Looks nice!. The steering wheel looks like a Grant that's been installed backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                      Looks nice!. The steering wheel looks like a Grant that's been installed backwards.
                      The seats are too thick to get in otherwise.....I'm thinking.

Comment

I'd give it a prize for the ugliest interior ever.
                        Give me a break! I was preparing for a lot worse with that comment!

Its simply the color and in some areas, the choice of material that makes it look bad! Change all what's now pink to a tan colored Broadcloth material, (and where its carpeted, to a darker brown), and that will improve it 100%. (I would definitely change the steering wheel if it were mine.)

Craig

Comment

Removing spring leaves probably would hurt the handling. A few years ago, I had an extra leaf added to each rear spring on my '47 Champion, which immensely improved the ride and handing. I realize (from having owned a 2R5) that the trucks had many more leaves and a stiffer ride.
                          Bill Jarvis

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstude View Post
                            Removing spring leaves probably would hurt the handling. A few years ago, I had an extra leaf added to each rear spring on my '47 Champion, which immensely improved the ride and handing. I realize (from having owned a 2R5) that the trucks had many more leaves and a stiffer ride.
                            Well....maybe not. A CE starts out with at least 12 leafs and five or six are overloads. Its pretty stiff that way. (It really does not look very lowered. Are those stock size tires? They look pretty big.)
                            Last edited by t walgamuth; 04-27-2017, 07:09 AM.

Comment

For that price, why isn't some short CASO driving it home today?

jack vines
                              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                              X