Batsto Southern NJ Show Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batsto Southern NJ Show Alert

There's a nice car show coming up in Southern New Jersey. It's called "Batsto Shine in the Pines"
    Held at the historic Batsto Village. Date is Sunday May 21st 2017 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
    Sponsored by the Crusin Classic Auto Club and the Batsto Citizens Committee Inc. call 609-561-3041, day of show call 609-839-2239 or 609-839-3440. www.cruisinclassics.org
    Also a music festival and a glass and bottle show.
    There will be at least one Studebaker there, my Wagonaire!
    Last edited by 57pack; 05-01-2017, 03:33 PM.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Its also on the GSC Calender , Ed

Comment

You should edit (change) this posts title, "Batsto (South) Jersey Car Show Alert". You'll catch more eyes I think. It IS a Great show in a laid back low key setting. EZ to get to and a Beautiful Ride on nice country roads. ••••. If we could form up those who will be entering, perhaps we could meet up pre-show at the nearby Pleasant Mills Church and drive in and park together. It would be fun. IF you've Never seen Batsto, you need to visit. This is an under appreciated gem of a time capsule Villiage. It's Non commercial and sparsely visited. Great photo opportunities. ••••. So who's going and how does the idea of a mini caravan in sound?

Comment

Hi When we get back from S.B. we will try an set some thing up. At least we will have two of the last S.B. cars there your 64v19816 and my 19v621 , Ed

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
          You should edit (change) this posts title, "Batsto (South) Jersey Car Show Alert". You'll catch more eyes I think. It IS a Great show in a laid back low key setting. EZ to get to and a Beautiful Ride on nice country roads. ••••. If we could form up those who will be entering, perhaps we could meet up pre-show at the nearby Pleasant Mills Church and drive in and park together. It would be fun. IF you've Never seen Batsto, you need to visit. This is an under appreciated gem of a time capsule Villiage. It's Non commercial and sparsely visited. Great photo opportunities. ••••. So who's going and how does the idea of a mini caravan in sound?
          Great suggestion! Done! Will be there with our Wagonaire! Glad to meet Studebaker folks at the Pleasant Mills Church. Keep us posted! Would be great having a nice group of Studebakers showing up.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Bump, Show this coming Sunday.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Do we need to register or just show up?

Comment

Can just show up and register there.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

interesting post as Im somewhat tired of the same local shows. Can you post directions as Ill be entering the parkway at exit 109.
                  thanks in advance
                  Mark

Comment

We just sent it out to all GSC members and then some, With an address and meet times at the Church , Southbound on the GSP I get off at the New Greta exit and go from there , Ed

Comment

What is the meet time at the Church?
                      For folks coming south bound on the Garden State Parkway, exit at New Gretna exit #52. At end of ramp turn left, follow to US 9 , turn right on US 9, drive through the town of New Gretna. There will be a small Citgo gas station on right, turn right here onto County route 542. Batsto Village is on route 542, drive 12.7 miles, Batsto will be on the right side.
                      Last edited by 57pack; 05-16-2017, 05:16 PM.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

8:30 at the Church , Ed

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
                          8:30 at the Church , Ed
                          Thank you Ed.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

8:30 at the Church sounds like a good setup. Last year at the show there was a dark blue '50 or '51 but no other Studebakers. Only VERY important thing with these south jersey shows is NEVER park near the faux cop car that plays the Adam 12 "see the man" radio calls over and over and over on a tape loop for hours on end. Now of course it Will rain that day.

Comment

Coming south from the Philly side take rt 206 south. After Atsion you'll see a sign Batsto, with a side road on the left. That goes there. BTW this Is a pretty big general show, no rinkydink thing in a parking lot. It's on grass, be prepared for Pollen.

Comment

Working...
                              X