Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'58 Commander Starlight - caught between rock and hard place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drpreposterous
    replied
    How on earth is there $2000 worth of anything left on that car?

It has $1923.78 in the glove box...

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    They are still called Isabella, including the wagon.

Craig
    Thank you - still learning things. I only referred to the coupe as an Isabella and the others just as Borgwards. The coupes have sort of a Mercedes-Benz style/look to them with some Karmann-Ghia thrown in. I only knew one person that owned a Borgward and that was the lady with the coupe. They may have been more common in Canada.
    Last edited by studegary; 06-17-2017, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Thank you, reminds me somewhat of a Powell.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by Guido View Post
    I thought there was also a pickup truck?
    http://www.kucarfa.nl/Borgward/IsabellaPickUp.html

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I thought there was also a pickup truck?

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Thank you!

Pictures are worth a thousand words, aren't they?!??

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied

Craig
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ella&FORM=IGRE

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I can't speak for the other Gary, but I assume that he knows the difference as I do. I was referring to the Isabella. The Isabella is a small sporty coupe. The other Borgward models of that era are really blah basic transportation boxes.
    Correct, the coupe. I worked with a fellow in the late '70's whose uncle had been a Borgward dealer in Roanoke, VA.
    Last edited by Guido; 06-17-2017, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    I can't speak for the other Gary, but I assume that he knows the difference as I do. I was referring to the Isabella. The Isabella is a small sporty coupe. The other Borgward models of that era are really blah basic transportation boxes.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Please clarify that it's the Sports Coupe you are referring to, correct? The 'sedan' was rather ordinary in appearance next to it.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    I always thought the '58 Borgward Isabella was a nice looking car. But it and the Mercedes Benz 220 were older designs.
    Please clarify that it's the Sports Coupe you are referring to, correct? The 'sedan' was rather ordinary in appearance next to it.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Jett289
    replied
    The best looking 58 Automobile was by far the Hawk IMHO.. Good thing the guy that came up with the weird quad lights didn't put them on the hawks .
    Can you imagine ? yikes .. lol

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    A local secretary bought an Isabella new. By the mid-1960s it looked like a dated design to me.
    I would agree, but the lines were clean without huge fins or massive front bumpers (think Imperial Southampton).

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I always thought the '58 Borgward Isabella was a nice looking car. But it and the Mercedes Benz 220 were older designs.
    A local secretary bought an Isabella new. By the mid-1960s it looked like a dated design to me.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X