1/24 diecast Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/24 diecast Studebakers

I have Danbury Mint 1/24 models of the 1953 Starliner hardtop, 1957 Golden Hawk and 1958 Packard Hawk. When new they cost about $125. Why I never bought the 1955 Speedster escapes me. And although on my wish list, no GT Hawk was ever made even though it was a natural, having already done the others mentioned. Not coming from any time soon, Danbury or Franklin; diecast model business gone. So I went on e-bay to see if any '55 Speedsters were available. I was shocked. There were two. One was in a bidding war and up to $949.50 and the other was asking $899.99! 1953's were going for $91-$150. The '57 anywhere from $35-$90. I believe all were made in a 5,000 piece run. I guess I won't be completing my collection any time soon.

Yep, Danbury had factory problems and gave up producing cars. I don't think 5,000 were produced because of this. A friend ordered one and got a letter saying it was canceled.
    Best of Show (BoS) is producing a resin 1/18 63 GT Hawk this summer. Pictures look like a rose mist color.

Comment

Looking forward to the new GT Hawk die cast.
      Last edited by Gary1953; 04-09-2017, 12:31 PM.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

I have a nice collection of 1/24th die cast Studebaker Models: 63 Avanti, 57 Golden Hawk, 55 Speedster, 53 Starliner Coupe, 50 Champion Convertible, 37 pickup plus a 58 Packard Hawk. JWL

Comment

You could buy this one on EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danbury-Mint...QAAOSwt5hYcEZS

Comment

Wow !!!! i am not sure how much a new 55 speedster would have cost in 1955 , but i bet $950 would have been a pretty good down payment on a brand new one, one that you could sit in , drive around and then go pick up your hot date for the night

Comment

Collectors don't realize theyAre worth nothing to most but themselves & are wasting $$ on Chinese toy manufacturers who produce by the thousands, I have a modest collection, Dinkeys,Danburys etc. & only will pay $50. At the most !

Comment

Coffee Table Car Show

Every month or so I select some models from my 1/24th die cast collection and put them on display around a model of a 1950s Texaco service station. The display is on the top of a small coffee table; hence, the name. Here is a photo of a past display featuring the Studebakers. This show was during December and has a holiday theme. Enjoy. JWL
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X