X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and White Speedster on Ebay now for 15K

Pretty good looking car for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252849690294...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Only about the 5th or 6th time it has been listed.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
      Only about the 5th or 6th time it has been listed.
      They should list it as an auction (eBay is an auction site). They might be surprised if they can generate some interest by starting the auction low.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

"Oil pressure runs 10 - 12 psi at 60 mph"..........That would turn me off right away. I know lots of Studebaker V8s have run many miles at low oil pressure, but I wouldn't pay $15K for one of them. My opinion, yours may differ.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          They should list it as an auction (eBay is an auction site). They might be surprised if they can generate some interest by starting the auction low.
          Seller admits that it is a 20 footer. Paint runs, & door dings. He also states that oil pressure is only 10-12 psi at 60mph. The last one that I drove with that kind of oil pressure shredded the timing gear at speed. Came home on a rollback. Looking from the underside pics, the car looks to be well oiled. Seller also states the reason there is no headliner is because the front & back windshields need to come out to do it right. (Which is correct) That means new windshield rubber front & back.

Therefore, although it is a desirable Speedster, it will need a complete mechanical overhaul, probably suspension work, extensive interior work, body work, and a paint job. After reviewing these things, the "buy it now" price no longer seems like such a great deal...even if the lights work!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

For some reason, most folks here seem to believe the only reason to buy a Stude is to, "restore" it to better than new condition. That being the case, just about any condition to start off with is gonna wind up costing about the same. Nowadays, a frame-off restoration for any Speedster is gonna cost upward of $40,000. As for this car, for around $20,000 it could be turned into an excellent driver, "shown" on the road to millions of people. For my money, putting $20,000 into this one seems the best bang for the buck. If only I could afford it. LOL

Comment

Working...
            X