Nice 1963 Avanti wrecked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
    I've used this style for both brake lights and clutch safety switches for years. I like the adjustability and ease of wiring but others may like different ones. This is off a Daihatsu but if you are interested I'll locate a spare and get you the brand and number. I like the all metal bodies as I've had a couple of the plastic one break apart.

Bob
    Bob, the brand and part number of what you have used would be really great. I agree wholeheartedly about using one with a metal body instead of a plastic one.

I'm getting ready to do this mod to my '64 Daytona so this is very timely.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
      I've used this style for both brake lights and clutch safety switches for years. I like the adjustability and ease of wiring but others may like different ones. This is off a Daihatsu but if you are interested I'll locate a spare and get you the brand and number. I like the all metal bodies as I've had a couple of the plastic one break apart.

Bob
      Bob, the brand and part number of what you have used would be really great. I agree wholeheartedly about using one with a metal body instead of a plastic one.

I'm getting ready to do this mod to my '64 Daytona so this is very timely.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
        Paul

Standard Motor Parts SLS101 should be it, about $8 to $9 on Ebay from any number of suppliers. The picture I posted is from a Daihatsu Charade that also looks promising from Rock Auto about $9. They come with one nut as they are made to screw into a threaded bracket. I went to the local hardware and found a second nut so it would work in a hole without threads. It's metric but I can't recall the thread.

Addendum - Hokey smoke, I just typed SLS101 into Rock Auto and found one listed for $3.04. FYI

Bob
        Last edited by sweetolbob; 10-31-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks Bob!!
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC

Comment

Working...
          X