Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of Evans intake installation ( Video tomorrow )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Evans intake installation ( Video tomorrow )

Today , I installed the intake , and did fire it up , but no video today , because of stout winds here .
    The tilt front on my car is a little too shaky to move the car outside in the winds which were 30mph today
    in gusts , and coming straight up the driveway .
    I'm planning to run the car on April 9th .
    This intake is in replacement of my Morgan QuaDemon aluminum one , and there are side by side pics to
    compare , and also to compare to a Jeff Rice 2BBl to 4BBl conversion .

Their's more pics on my Flickr site here at this link :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hollyhillbill289/

Evans on Skeet 2 by Bill H, on Flickr

Evans : Morgan 1 by Bill H, on Flickr

Evans Skeet 3 by Bill H, on Flickr
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

What's your plans for the old manifold?

Comment

I wish you luck with the air filter.

I had a bad experience with one on a brand X several years ago(was on the vehicle when I bought it). Poor fit allowed unfiltered air into the engine, and one of the retainers came loose and hung up the throttle linkage (pucker factor went to 11 that time).

Personally, I would duct tape a sock to the carb before I would use one of them again.
      Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
        I wish you luck with the air filter.

I had a bad experience with one on a brand X several years ago(was on the vehicle when I bought it). Poor fit allowed unfiltered air into the engine, and one of the retainers came loose and hung up the throttle linkage (pucker factor went to 11 that time).

Personally, I would duct tape a sock to the carb before I would use one of them again.
        Several years ago a friend of mine was using that kind of air filter and it caught fire bubbling up the new paint on his beautiful '55 coupe's hood. I have heard of that happening when using that filter on other cars as well. They look neat, but......

The manifold looks great by the way.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
        X