1964 Hawk GT available in Destin FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Hawk GT available in Destin FL

There's a 1964 Hawk GT available in Destin Florida.

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1964/studebaker/gran_turismo_hawk/100760911

I'm not sure, but I wonder if it's the same one that was mentioned here:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?98332-Destin-Fla&highlight=destin

Mark L

She has been on the market for a while.....a year or more?
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Please repaint the area showing behind the grille with satin black paint - the way it was when it left South Bend.

Comment

For sure.....
        Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
        Please repaint the area showing behind the grille with satin black paint - the way it was when it left South Bend.
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
          I've got a spare can of flat black... I'm gonna book a flight to Florida and take care of that. It makes me a little coo-coo as well.
          sals54

Comment

I guess that they think that the good 1964 vinyl is "leather".
            I do not understand picturing the car under a cover, except to show that it is stored indoors and under a cover. It shows nothing of the car.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I had a friend near Destin who restores mustangs check this car out for me. It is a R-1,auto,stored in a parking garage,rusted and patch up underneath ,floor boards rusted and patched,undercoating sprayed underneath and in trunk to hide rust.It drove ok but a rubbing noise when turning left,a lot of white overspray in engine compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by 64gran turismo View Post
                I had a friend near Destin who restores mustangs check this car out for me. It is a R-1,auto,stored in a parking garage,rusted and patch up underneath ,floor boards rusted and patched,undercoating sprayed underneath and in trunk to hide rust.It drove ok but a rubbing noise when turning left,a lot of white overspray in engine compartment.
                Thank you for this information. I have stopped looking at older Florida cars. 95% of those that I have gone to look at were cars that "retired" with their owners from the snow belt (NY, NJ, MI, OH, etc.).
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Florida is mostly shore line salt air. If you leave your car out overnight at the coast it is completely covered with a dew of salt air. in a week it is completely covered in a thin white scum that you cant even see through the glass. Every night you get dew that moistens this salt layer. The only rust free cars are ones that are garaged, and never get condensation on them.
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X