No announcement yet.

Falling Studebaker Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That car looks really nice and I must say I have seen very few 53 and 54 Land Cruisers at Studebaker meets ..
    If my family was still young I would consider this car for sure as we could all ride in comfort .. The four door
    62 Lark 8 was a great family car for us over the years . The "kids" wont let me sell it as they have great
    memories of that car ..
    Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by jwitt View Post
      11,500 may be high for the car but if you were looking for one, That is cheaper than restoring one you give a couple grand for.

Yeah, be that as it may, all the goofballs like me who love this old beauty are apparently too broke to meet his price. Seems to me he has a case of Classic-Chevy-fever. As I recall BTW, this car was originally fourteen thousand three or four years ago. I wonder if the mention of a Harley is what has been keeping buyers away... Also, the pictures have never changed. I wonder if the car is still in this good of condition and after four years, still running.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post

I wonder if the car is still in this good of condition and after four years, still running.
        I had that same thought. Has the car aged at all since he started advertising it?

Another thought; many people who are not "old car" people, have no awareness that four doors are generally less desirable to the majority of car collectors than two doors.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

That 54 is a beautiful car that I'd love to own. Four doors was never a turnoff for me, and the great look of the front end alone should far override the four doors. If I was in the market for another car, I'd sure look into it.

Comment

It is a beauty. Or was four years ago.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X