Lots of Studes on My Classic Car today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Studes on My Classic Car today

The show is from The Dalles, Oregon and promoted by Studebaker guy Steve Hudson. One of the feature cars is a spectacular 1950 Starlight Coupe. There are numerous other Studebaker cameo appearances including all three of us who drove up from California and of course Steve's beautiful 53 convertible. This is a great show if you ever get the chance to go I recommend it.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

I did the DVR thing as the show is on at 5am local time. Nice exposure.........but.......as usually with this shows and Studebaker some misinformation. On the 1950 Commander Starlight Dennis, who is a Studebaker owner, asked if the engine was a 259. Owner said yes. 1950 Commander/Land Cruiser models used the 245 Six. Otherwise nice show and would like to travel there sometime.

I am being too critical? Probably but I do think things should be right when information concerning our cars. I know I am preaching to the choir and it is useless to contact the show after erroneous information is given, just one of my peccadillos. Still fighting the 289 Ford engine way too often.

Bob Miles
    Tucson AZ

Comment

Engine swap?...

Comment

My cable service doesn't supply me with the channel Dennis Gage is on (MAV TV I think). Can someone supply a link so more of us can see it?

Thanks
        Howard
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Howard, here is a link to the My Classic Car website. I believe you can watch the episode from there.
          My Classic Car is a weekly television program that captures America’s love affair with the automobile and Dennis Gage, the handlebar mustachioed host, takes you along for the ride!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Thanks Ed.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
              Engine swap?...
              Nope just the nice 245 Rockne based Commander six in it's final form. Ran in various forms of production from 1932 to 1960.

Bob Miles
              Tucson AZ

Comment

There was no engine swap, the engine was a nice flathead six and the car was very original with possibly a few optional or period correct add ons. Here is a picture I took of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1518 cropped.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1712981
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                  Howard, here is a link to the My Classic Car website. I believe you can watch the episode from there.
                  http://www.myclassiccar.com/
                  I don't seem to be able to get it to show me any more of that episode, than the preview?
                  It would show me the episode with the Silver Hawk resto-mod.

Mark
                  sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Dennis really needs to bone up on Studebakers, so he would not say things like: "the '57 Silver Hawk Fins were Fiberglass!"
                    Maybe they were, on that faired-in set on that one of a kind Custom, I don't know.

That is a Great Video about the Colorado Springs, Colorado Collection with the Bronze and Silver highly modified '57 Silver Hawk with a full custom tubular frame and LS-1 modified Corvette Engine.

Somehow I stumbled onto this FULL EPISODE of 2017 #10 "Stude. Restomod" that you can actually WATCH the whole Show for Free!
                    They get Serious about the Stude. at 7 Min. 23 Sec.

Last edited by StudeRich; 03-19-2017, 03:08 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Pretty sure that full episodes take a little while to come up on their web page. Probably something to do with their contract with their cable channel broadcasters. I see it on Velocity Channel(used to be Speed Channel).
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        Dennis really needs to bone up on Studebakers, so he would not say things like: "the '57 Silver Hawk Fins were Fiberglass!"
                        Maybe they were, on that faired-in set on that one of a kind Custom, I don't know.
                        I believe it was the owner, who first stated that Studebaker used fiberglass to make the fins, because they were so short of funds? While I think Studebaker did use fiberglass for the '56 Golden Hawk fins, I believe those were the only ones. I'm not sure it would have been too diplomatic of Dennis, to embarrass the poor fellow on national television by correcting him, it didn't do his credibility any good, to keep repeating the fellows statement as much as he did?

Mark
                        Last edited by S2Deluxe; 03-21-2017, 05:45 AM.
                        sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                          I believe it was the owner, who first stated that Studebaker used fiberglass to make the fins, because they were so short of funds?
                          I went back and watched it a second time and it seems like I was " WRONG " about that! Oh well, it does happen allot more than I wish it did. I guess, I should be used to it?

Sorry,

Mark
                          Last edited by S2Deluxe; 03-22-2017, 08:48 PM.
                          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

I am on season 18(2014) at the virginia fall classic with my truck. I thought it went well.

Take care
                            George

Comment

Working...
                            X