Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims

Who knows what year did Studebaker go from 4 hole rims to 5 hole rims and what year was the only 5 hole 14" rim used ??

Old Fart

All wheels were 5-lug in 1951 to the end of production. 14" wheels were used only on 1958 V8 cars, on which 15" wheels were a regular production option. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Did any Studebakers other than the pre 1951 Champions use 4 bolt wheels?
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

The 1951 Champions had the SAME wheels as Commanders as Bob P. said. As far as I know only '47-'50 CHAMPIONS used the 4 Lug Wheels.

It is likely that '39-'46 Champions also did, but what happened on pre-War Cars I know nothing about, and so few of the members here have them, I don't think it matters.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          It is likely that '39-'46 Champions also did, but what happened on pre-War Cars I know nothing about, and so few of the members here have them, I don't think it matters.
          Pre-war 39-46 champions had 16" wheels I believe
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Was there ever an article or pictures in any publication regarding the different wheel rims used by Studebaker?

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              All wheels were 5-lug in 1951 to the end of production. 14" wheels were used only on 1958 V8 cars, on which 15" wheels were a regular production option. BP
              I can think of one exception to this. 14 inch wheels/tires were an extra cost option on six cylinder Silver Hawks.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X