1964 Daytona Convertible HS Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Daytona Convertible HS Rebuild

A interesting thing happened today with the '64 Convertible we are putting together in my Autoshop class. The current owner, Ken, out of interest wondered whether the original owner was still alive and decided to look her up in the phone book and there was a current listing for her.

Well turns out she is alive and well, her name is Norma she's a spry young lady of 94 years. She showed up at our high school shop with Ken and his wife with a story of the day she received the Daytona as a present from her husband. It was her Christmas present in 1963, all wrapped up in a big red bow. She told us that she opened a small empty wrapped box to find another box inside with the key in the corner. She said, "I know what this is", and was so excited she got up and ran out of the house to the garage in her nighty and slippers with her 15 year old daughter started the Daytona and took the car for a spin.

Norma is the first person in the picture along with Ericka and Ken the current owners. Ken and wife were nice enough to bring in pizza and pop for my class at noon hour today.

1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Wonderful story! Unfortunately I cannot view the photo as only an X appears.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Fantastic story! If you were trying to post a pic, it didn't work. Please keep trying. Also, this would be a great story for Turning Wheels. Once you have the car going...what a great video it would make to take Norma for another spin in her car!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

You have to create a Google "G Mail Account" to view this!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Awesome story!
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
          X