Robert Kapteyn

Too far...too much time...
    Not gonna, make it again this year.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the "plug" Robert!
      C'mon Mike, you can do it.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

I'll be there!

Comment

Elaine and I will be there......Looking forward to a great time at the show and the Murphy Museum.
          "But I'll never forget 3 pm on March 4th 1966 because that was when I had to release to the media the new that Studebaker would no longer build cars. That was 51 years ago. Don't ever forget."

Stu Chapman.....

........We will make sure that Stu's statement will be in our presentation of our Studebaker at the show....

Comment

This will be the first "Winter Meet" that I haven't attended in 30 years. Maybe I'm getting too grumpy or something. Even my wife cant believe I'm not going. I usually enjoy the swap meet part as much as seeing the cars on display but the past few years the parts are becoming fewer & fewer so I guess I'm with Mike & feel it's just too far for not enough.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Warren, I used to live in Perris. Are you near the Railroad Museum? We used to love picking up the train at the station in town on the days when the steam train was running.

Sorry to hear this show and swapmeet is another venue that is fading away...
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Our show is by no means "fading away"! We had 35 beautiful cars yesterday and over 300 spectators. Our "swap meet" hasn't been a large part of the event for quite a while. but we are working to expand it.
                We will be back at the Murphy Auto Museum next March (the date will be decided within a couple of weeks) and hope to be bigger and better. Thanks to all who attended this year and we'll see you there next March!
                Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                  Our show is by no means "fading away"! We had 35 beautiful cars yesterday and over 300 spectators. Our "swap meet" hasn't been a large part of the event for quite a while. but we are working to expand it.
                  We will be back at the Murphy Auto Museum next March (the date will be decided within a couple of weeks) and hope to be bigger and better. Thanks to all who attended this year and we'll see you there next March!
                  .......I never had a more enjoyable Sunday. The LASDC crew did a fantastic job making the show happen. The Murphy Museum was icing on the cake.
                  I was tethered to our truck for most of the event, because the majority of the 300+ spectators that kept me occupied, answering questions about Studebaker and the truck, were under 45 years of age......So..... No, by "No Means" is Studebaker, or the meets are "fading Away"............

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
                    I was there for the first time and I was very impressed with how things were run and the friendliness of the folks there.

If I were to find fault with anything, the size and layout of parking lot. What would be cool is if the vintage tractor guys could also meet a month or two before and have a field grading challenge, then a mowing chalange a week before. That field would be perfect for swap area and show!

Seriously though, the event was good fun and from where I am sitting, far from dying off.

Ken Buchanan

Comment

Working...
                    X