York Pa Swap Meet How far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt
    If you guys are looking for a place to eat tonight I suggest you might try Mission BBQ on RT 30 east of the fair grounds across from Tractor Supply. We eat there often, food is always good and service is faster then McDonalds. For those who always had breakfast at Alexander's since it closed you might want to try West Manchester Dinner located one block North of the old Alexander's on Carlisle ave.
    Jerry Kurtz

Comment

369 miles so just under 6 hrs for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jerezstude View Post
        Matt
        If you guys are looking for a place to eat tonight I suggest you might try Mission BBQ on RT 30 east of the fair grounds across from Tractor Supply. We eat there often, food is always good and service is faster then McDonalds. For those who always had breakfast at Alexander's since it closed you might want to try West Manchester Dinner located one block North of the old Alexander's on Carlisle ave.
        Jerry Kurtz
        Thanks Jerry. We may give it a try.

Comment

350 miles for me, 5 1/2 to 6 hr.s. Leaving early in the morning, should be there by noon.
          Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by jerezstude View Post
            Matt
            Jerry Kurtz
            jerry I sure hope you have one of your story's for us at the STFers meeting Friday night !
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              About 970 miles for us, but we made a couple of detours and bought a parts inventory along the way so it's at least 1000 by now.

As I type this, we're 20 miles from York and will be arriving a lot sooner than we planned. We're trying to figure out what to spend today doing.

Looking forward to seeing you again John. Be sure to stop by our booth and say hello.
              That would be my old inventory. Much of what Stephen bought hadn't seen the light of day for at least 35 years. I used to vend, but never carried the heavy stuff, hardware, electrical, brake stuff, window regulators and more. Stop by Stephen's booth and check out at least some of what he bought.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                <snip>
                As I type this, we're 20 miles from York and will be arriving a lot sooner than we planned. We're trying to figure out what to spend today doing.
                <snip>
                The Harley Davidson plant tour is always neat to see...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/conte...rs/yorkpa.html

(The 'steel toe' tour sounds like fun....)
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Only 168 miles, but will take me 4+ hours if I'm lucky and the traffic gods look down kindly on me. See you there.

Comment

I flew in from San Jose CA. Hoping to meet up with folks from the forum. Anything going on Wed evening?
                    64 Avanti R1 R5529

Comment

Originally posted by scottsewall View Post
                      I flew in from San Jose CA. Hoping to meet up with folks from the forum. Anything going on Wed evening?
                      There's a few Stude guys around the host hotel but that's about it.

Comment

Sooo how many folks are making the trip in a Studebaker?

Comment

1000 miles from Fl( Indialantic) to host hotel--Set up the buildings at Expo center this PM. Vendors may start to set up at 8am Thursday--every thing is ready. Gordon

Comment

I'll be there Friday, 4 hours for me.
                            Coming from cape may, NJ
                            1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                              Sooo how many folks are making the trip in a Studebaker?
                              I'll make that decision Friday morning.
                              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

About an hour (50 miles) away.Maybe longer if I stop at Hardee's,lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X