York Pa Swap Meet How far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Pa Swap Meet How far?

Making final preps for the trip. Entered the motel address in my GPS, and it says (quickest route) 582 miles. This will be the longest trip I've made since last spring's trip to South Bend. Already, I know of others who have committed to attend, like Barry Hackney from Texas.

So...as Studebaker brothers & sisters, I'm curious of how many miles folks are driving to enjoy the fellowship? How many of you live within an hour by horseback?...or like me, many hours at interstate speeds? Anyone flying in? How 'bout international members?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

I am riding to the swap meet from Streetsboro Ohio to York 319 miles about 5 hours with Ted Hurd and Ed Davies
    Joseph Kastellec

Comment

About 970 miles for us, but we made a couple of detours and bought a parts inventory along the way so it's at least 1000 by now.

As I type this, we're 20 miles from York and will be arriving a lot sooner than we planned. We're trying to figure out what to spend today doing.

Looking forward to seeing you again John. Be sure to stop by our booth and say hello.
      Last edited by mbstude; 03-08-2017, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Never been to one, and will miss this last one. At 1800 miles and can't get off of work, its not going to happen. Hopefully there will be a replacement that I could eventually go to.

Comment

Hey Matt...Did you guys come up I-81 avoiding the D.C. beltway? Any particular highway hazards of note along the way?

I'll be in my Red Dodge Ram. Yesterday, I remembered the metal "Studebaker" reproduction truck tin logo sign I bought from S.I. at an earlier meet years ago. I placed it in the lower corner of the back windshield of my truck. So, if any of you, on the same route tomorrow, happen to notice it through the dark tint of my window, feel free to honk & wave.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Hey Matt...Did you guys come up I-81 avoiding the D.C. beltway? Any particular highway hazards of note along the way?
            Yep, we took I-81 much of the way. Weren't any hassles yesterday.

Comment

Matt,

Do a tour of the Harley-Davidson plant. You'll need a photo ID to get in (ask me how I know).

It's 500 miles for me to York, roughly 8 hours of driving plus pit stops.
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

I'm spoiled, 50 miles one way. Heading over now to help mark out the spaces, then back home to load the van & p/u Mrs. Sinclair, then back to York tonight.
                Have a safe trip everyone!
                See you there!
                Jim
                Last edited by LarkTruck; 03-08-2017, 07:08 AM.
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I am hoping to make it in 6 hours.
                  Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Leaving bright and early tomorrow morning , all day ride but always worth the trip
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'm driving to visit a friend in Baltimore tomorrow (Thurs.), then driving into York Friday.

Low of 16 degrees F. Sat. in York? WTH?!? LOL
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

3 hour drive for me Friday morning but we're supposed to get some snow Thursday into Friday so it might be a bit longer.

Comment

It used to take 3.5 hours , But some little bridge last crosses the Delaware is having an issue ! So add another hour , I wonder if I can get the Champ and the Ram on Gen. Washingtons boats and cross that way ?

Comment

I live about 15 min north of the fair grounds. Just finished loading, Murphy the dog and I will be there early Thur. Just made reservations for our group at Coomb's for Thur night. See everyone there.
                            Jerry Kurtz

Comment

I'm 5 hours and 320 miles away.
                              Last edited by raoul5788; 03-08-2017, 06:01 PM.
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X