No announcement yet.

'55 K body bumper bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be clear, my parts book only covers up to '54, so I can't answer the OPs question on his '55.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 1954khardtop View Post
      To be clear, my parts book only covers up to '54, so I can't answer the OPs question on his '55.
      OK, I opened the chassis manual for '55, and it appears that only one part # is mentioned for ALL the bumper bolts....I'd guess they mean the bolts all should be rectangular (or oval head)

Comment

I would call the factory bolts as more rectangular than oval. The ends are more squared off than the aftermarket replacements. True they are not sharp corners, but they are not the same as the replacements.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

That's right, this BB004-SCR is close, but without the rectangular with rounded corners shape it's not correct, it's TOTALLY Oval.

http://stores.restorationspecialties...-individually/

And Tacoma Screw has none.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

'Rectangular head' indeed would be the best description.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1712771Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1152.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1712772
              Here's one on my car, and one from my parts stash. I got them from a vendor at Reedsville a few years back. The top and bottom are straight and parallel, the ends are curved.
              Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

They look like the right ones to me Dwight.....It's amazing how even real old ones, if undamaged, can be buffed up to look almost 'jewel like'!

Comment

Tom Karkiewicz has a plentiful supply of both from original vehicles (stainless wrapped heads).
                  I noted on my '63 Cruiser that all the bolts were oval, except when the extensions were added to each side, front and rear, calling for round. Just to throw another wrench in to the monkey.
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10,
                  '51 Commander Starlight,
                  '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                  '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                    Tom Karkiewicz has a plentiful supply of both from original vehicles (stainless wrapped heads).
                    I noted on my '63 Cruiser that all the bolts were oval, except when the extensions were added to each side, front and rear, calling for round. Just to throw another wrench in to the monkey.
                    Yes, and there's no mistake about round ones being used on the extensions....I had a few sets of those, in factory boxes, and the round bumper bolts were included in the box with the bumper extensions.

Comment

Working...
                    X