More 70's California Studebaker meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More 70's California Studebaker meets

Was some of this video from San Luis Obispo? I made one meet there, but don't remember much about it. BTW, I like those swing out Avanti seats at 16:02- sort of like Chryslers some time in the past.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Great footage, nice share! To early for me to remember, but it would be interesting to know how many of those vehicles survived to now in driving condition.
      1947 Studebaker M-5
      1946 Studebaker M-5
      1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
      1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
      1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I can not open to view but more than likely it is the same meet that we went to paul as I have seen some in the past on it, You had the 64 wagon and I had the 65 Daytona and the kids were little, not sure what year that was 71 or 72 my oldest daughter was 10 she now is 53, how time does fly.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I was at the San Luis Obispo Zone Meet in 1970. Drove from Oregon in a 1961 Rivièra Blue 4 speed Hawk.

Comment

So many young attractive women, are you sure these videos are of Studebaker meets??
            I enjoyed viewing the video, thank you for sharing.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Four headlights on an Avanti (1:49).. How bott datt !!

Comment

The first 13 + minutes are from SLO, I recognize the Madonna Inn parking lot, then it progresses over to the Madonna Plaza across and down the road. The time frame must span over 3 or more years as there is a white motel in the background (Royal Inn) that as the video continues is under construction and then isn't at all. I know that motell from having stayed there last spring when my middle son graduated. Oh, Bob, if you were there in '71 and your daughter was 10, that makes her the same age as myself. To clarify that means I'm 39 and I'm betting she's 25. Get your math right!

Comment

Alex, I remember the Solvang and Madonna meets very well .At that time we were in The Studebaker Owners Club and I think Paul gunder was the president. In 73 or 74 my brother Jim was 13 years old and won the 54 commander four door that was being raffled off at the Madonna meet . A couple of weeks later my whole family met with Chuck Potter and picked the car up at his Studebaker salvage yard called "Autonauts" l think it was in Wilmington Ca . My dad drove the stude home to Lompoc with no problems except none of my brothers or I wanted to ride with my mom in her vw sguareback!
                  Tom McCaffrey

Comment

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                    The first 13 + minutes are from SLO, I recognize the Madonna Inn parking lot, then it progresses over to the Madonna Plaza across and down the road. The time frame must span over 3 or more years as there is a white motel in the background (Royal Inn) that as the video continues is under construction and then isn't at all. I know that motell from having stayed there last spring when my middle son graduated. Oh, Bob, if you were there in '71 and your daughter was 10, that makes her the same age as myself. To clarify that means I'm 39 and I'm betting she's 25. Get your math right!
                    No Kent, my math is right and the year might have been 71, a very good meet and my 65 Daytona won it's division.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                      So many young attractive women, are you sure these videos are of Studebaker meets??
                      I enjoyed viewing the video, thank you for sharing.
                      Our family went to a big Studebaker meet on Los Angeles around 1968. Even my parents were young then.
                      Ed Sallia
                      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Here's a video of the 69 meet that I published 5 years ago.

I took this super 8 film at the meet at the Madonna Inn.The club president. Paul Gunder asked if he could pay for the film and have if for the club. I agreed...

Comment

Thanks for the great post. I was looking for my '70 Avanti II (Nate Alman's) but alas it was not to be. It would be interesting to see how many of these cars can be traced to today.
                          Bill

Comment

Love the shot of the guy with the 16mm camera/400 ft. mag load and light meter. No smartphones back then uploading to You Tube.
                            Attached Files
                            '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
                              Love the shot of the guy with the 16mm camera/400 ft. mag load and light meter. No smartphones back then uploading to You Tube.
                              Ooo. Gossen light meter. I still have one of those. They later made a killer flash meter too. Film. . . those were the good old days.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                              X