March 2017 Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2017 Turning Wheels

Well a year go or so I was having getting my monthly issue of Turning Wheels late. For a while it was going really good until today. Just came in from getting my mail only to find the plastic wrapper & mailing sheet, no magazine. The plastic envelope was ripped across the top & down the middle. So frustrating but I guess you have to expect declining service for things these days. Thank goodness Cornerstone is on the ball. I called them already & they will send out my replacement copy.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Warren,

Based on the way the poly bag was ripped, I bet someone wanted the magazine as much as you did. At least they sent you a memory of it. Glad Cornerstone was there for you.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

The postal service uses machines to sort the magazines into delivery order. It's likely it got caught up in that machinery.
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I'm happy to report that my March TW arrived today here on Long Island (NY) in great shape.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Received mine today in LA, CA

Mark

Comment

I just got mine today, March the 7th. Why does the Left and Right coasts get theirs on the 1st (two previous posts above) and North Alabama is 6 days later? A couple of years ago I was getting mine around the 26th of the previous month, now it is always the end of the first week of the current month. I consider this a problem. I hope someone will look into this.
            Thanks,
            George Cagle
            North Alabama Chapter

1937 Dictator
            1947 M5
            1948 Commander
            1963 Avanti

Comment

I haven't received my copy yet, which is unusual. I normally have it by the end of the previous month, so I also wonder what's going on in the postal system. Sure hope it arrives soon! Bill

Comment

Working...
              X