Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for '65 or '66 Cruiser, preferably six cylinder, no vinyl top, primarily no rust....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for '65 or '66 Cruiser, preferably six cylinder, no vinyl top, primarily no rust....

Good runner. Might be a long shot, but who knows!
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Go for it Bill, you know you need at least one Studebaker in the garage!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Good for you Bill... I was beginning to think I was the only one that liked 4 door, 6 cylinder cars! There is a 66 Cruiser six (230) for sale out my way, but it needs A LOT of TLC and it has the vinyl top option.
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

A Studebaker with no rust come on now. I don't think there is such a thing.

Comment

A Studebaker with no rust come on now. I don't think there is such a thing.
          A cynic born every minute! Just kidding of course! In the real world rust free Studebakers do exist, but finding them in the "Rust Belt" may be a loosing battle. Ten of our Studebaker collection are rust free and they date to 1931. I didn't even look for them east of the Continental Divide, because I didn't have to because they are all western car and some have original paint and interior too. Sorry if I sound smug, but there are still too many people looking for the right car on the wrong side of the country. Not rocket science just common sense.

Comment

Bill Not trying to be cynic just at this point on a 60 year old car rust free is far and few between. I bought two gt body's from Az a couple years ago. One was from Ca to start with and both had some rust. The CA car was the best and even it had areas that had to be repaired after the shell was sand blasted. Maybe a Ca car with low miles and never left Ca you would have some luck.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
              Bill Not trying to be cynic just at this point on a 60 year old car rust free is far and few between. I bought two gt body's from Az a couple years ago. One was from Ca to start with and both had some rust. The CA car was the best and even it had areas that had to be repaired after the shell was sand blasted. Maybe a Ca car with low miles and never left Ca you would have some luck.
              I have the super solid, rust free car. It is a 64 w/o running gear which could be easily built as a Chebby-baker.
              www.studebakersite.com
              Barry'd in Studes

Comment

My 66 Cruiser is rust free, but it's a V8. The only rust I've found is surface rust on the original exhaust system. It only has 26,000 miles on it, so should be rust free. I bought this car for a daily driver, but after looking it over I couldn't ruin it by driving it everyday in Indiana. So it sits in the garage and I drive my 63 Cruiser. Thinking on taking the 66 to South bend international meet to sell.

Comment

https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5982948572.html

Here is one that's been on Craigslist for a month or better

Comment

I have a 62 4 Dr lark 6cyl 3spd with overdrive. Runs and drives but needs seats recovered and a headliner. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170219_181929.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1712705 $1800
                    Last edited by jwitt; 03-01-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

joncon, PM sent.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Rust free

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hot August Nights.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	1712709

I would have to agree with Hallabutt, finding a rust free example East of the divide will be hard. I purchased this 1962 Champ from Oregon about 3 years ago. After restoring a 1960 Champ in 1985, I knew what to look for and what not to buy. 34K original miles, always barn kept, except for running gear upgrades, I haven't touched the exterior except to wet sand and buff it, monumentally rust free--- they are still out there
                        Last edited by StudebakerGene; 03-01-2017, 12:24 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X