sealing aluminum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sealing aluminum

I have just polished the door sills for my 1940 commander. Is there any reason I can't seal them with a coat of spray laquer??

28 dictator
    40 commander
    28 dictator
    40 commander

I suspect, if they've been polished, there will be no "tooth" for the lacquer to adhere. Occassional waxing may be your best bet.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I suspect, if they've been polished, there will be no "tooth" for the lacquer to adhere. Occassional waxing may be your best bet.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

As someone who has polished a camping trailer, the only real sealer that I've seen is something called ZoopSeal... and it's expensive. I'd just wax them periodically.

Comment

As someone who has polished a camping trailer, the only real sealer that I've seen is something called ZoopSeal... and it's expensive. I'd just wax them periodically.

Comment

Working...
          X