Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is any part of this M15-28 (C9 cab) worth saving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see rat rod potential !

Comment

Honestly, in its condition by now, I see it as WAY more rat than rod potential ! To me, there'd need to be a heck of a lot of epoxy resin or what-not to hold the rust particles together to even roll it around the block !
      Mike Auldridge
      Gaithersburg, MD
      301-651-4346
      SDC Life Member since 1976
      1948 M16
      1961 Lark VIII convertible (with minor mods)

Comment

Originally posted by migral23 View Post
        Gary, I don't know at this point if I'd need a spare 226 block or a transmission for an M16 since my truck hasn't been delivered to me yet; supposedly "all is well as it sits".
        Still, it would/could be an insurance policy more or less. Perhaps you would P/M me with a potential price for both, as well as, if we're agreeable and if you're coming to the York meeting, could they travel with you? Thanks, and thanks to all the commenters so far !
        I will be in York, I may be able to get the block loaded if I have room. My spare transmissions are buried 75' deep in my shed.

Comment

The adjustable arm on that outside door mounted rear view mirror ought to be worth a squirt of WD40 and the effort to remove it. Depending on what kind of effort you intend to make toward "vending"...there are several components on the truck that are salvageable. Otherwise, you will be doing what lots of us do...trade junk among ourselves and allow stuff to silently rust away in obscurity.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, I'm going to make a good-faith effort to at least get as much/many of the unique parts that will come off. The metal glove box looks pretty sketchy, but if I can get the door open/off, I may be able to evaluate better. The coolest part, the tilt-out windshield apparatus, I just hope isn't too fragile to come out without it falling apart.

And yes, I'll have to get that adjustable arm for the mirror
            Mike Auldridge
            Gaithersburg, MD
            301-651-4346
            SDC Life Member since 1976
            1948 M16
            1961 Lark VIII convertible (with minor mods)

Comment

Working...
            X