Drivers side window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side window

1956 Studebaker Champion 4 door. The drivers side window stopped midway while rolling up last week. Manual says to take out vent window to get to window regulator. As I stated the window is stuck midway. I've taken handles off door along with panel. Felt around inside door. even went as fare as to take out hex screws to see if I could get window to come down fare enough to remove vent window. No luck. What do I try next. Seems like there isn't a lot going on inside there why all the problems? Thanks John

The Window fuzzy "U" Channel may be deteriorated and jamming the Glass.

With the Window down halfway, you MAY be able to reach the 2 Clips that hold the bottom channel of the glass to the Regulator and disconnect it allowing the Window to go to the Bottom to remove the Vent Window Assembly.

If your Glass is no longer Level in the Door, it may have already lost one of the TWO Clips.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the thru put. I tried feeling around for those clips but never located either one. What do you do follow the track left to right and it is to the outside of the door side of the rail? I can get in to feel the rail and glass inside the door itself. The window itself is level. Tried to left up and push down on glass while turning the handle with no luck. Can't be this hard. Made in 1956 right? Thought about taking off the passenger side to grease to see one that is working. May solve my misery? LOL Any thoughts are encouraging. Frustrated. Looked on YouTube. Not much there.

Comment

The Studebaker Shop Manual would probably be a way better option than ANYTHING on the Internet.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Go to a local Auto Glass shop that's been around forever. They work inside doors all the time. They'll probably be happy to work on one with ROOM inside!
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The shop manual is what I'm evolved with.

Comment

Unless you've had a major catastrophe with your regulator, I agree that the channel liner has probably become bunched up and is jamming the glass. Get a mirror and a good small light you can aim inside the door and see what the problem is.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Thanks guys for the great inside information. This kind of stuff can only come from those with a little age on them. I will use all the tools you guys can throw my way. Again I thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X