Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarreAlchin
    replied
    I had the same problem last year and the 1935 Plymouth headlight lens is the same size also. If you happen to find one that has Export on the top can you please let me know and I can swap you as I have a spare.

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied

Glad I could help.

Leave a comment:

• tomlewis
    replied
    BINGO! Thanks kurtruk! This vendor claims to have the correct lens. I'm not real sure how I missed his ad ---it's in Hemmings right next to Axelrod's ad. I've sent the money off, so I'll soon know for sure.

There are an amazing number of lenses available. He says he has over 12,000 lenses.

Anyway, the forum came through for me again. Thanks.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    There's an incredible website somewhere...amazing amount of headlight lenses. I'm sure they'll have yours. I think someone linked to it here before. Anyone???

Found it: http://oldcarlenses.com/

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    Try posting on the AACA forum. Great place for the older parts

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by tomlewis View Post
    Matt ---Thanks for looking. Rex will no doubt be able to identify if any of those lenses are '35. I'd be interested in a pair of Dictator lenses while I look for the correct one. I think they are about 8 1/8 side-to-side and about 8 3/8 top-to-bottom. Slightly oval. Thanks. Tom
    We had a nice visit with Rex and his wife and while he was able to ID a few of them, he said none of them are for a '35. It was worth a shot!

Leave a comment:

• tomlewis
    replied
    Matt ---Thanks for looking. Rex will no doubt be able to identify if any of those lenses are '35. I'd be interested in a pair of Dictator lenses while I look for the correct one. I think they are about 8 1/8 side-to-side and about 8 3/8 top-to-bottom. Slightly oval. Thanks. Tom

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by studerex View Post
    Matt
    Can I get the address or directions?
    Rex
    GPS won't get you here. Give us a call. (352) 472-9369

Leave a comment:

• studerex
    replied
    Matt
    Can I get the address or directions?
    Rex

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by studerex View Post
    Matt
    I plan on stopping by this afternoon after the Lakeland swap meet. I'll see if any of those lens are 35. Also are Cades 31 and 42 around to view?
    Rex
    Sounds good Rex. Both the 31 and 42 Presidents are here.

Leave a comment:

• studerex
    replied
    Matt
    I plan on stopping by this afternoon after the Lakeland swap meet. I'll see if any of those lens are 35. Also are Cades 31 and 42 around to view?
    Rex

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Tom, we have a box full of lenses for prewar Studes that haven't been identified. I pulled them all out and while a couple of them might be the right diameter, none had Control Beam written on the top.

I did find a pair for a '31 President if you end up with one of those!
    Last edited by mbstude; 02-23-2017, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tomlewis
    replied
    Thanks, Rex. I assume that means you don't have one you'd be willing to part with.

Great...Fits Auburn. THAT ought to make them more plentiful and affordable!

Mark. Thank you. I have seen those lenses on eBay. I have them saved in my "watch list". It is certainly an option I've considered because some other makes besides Studebaker Dictator used that Stabilite lens and they are more available than the Control Beam. If I did that I'd replace them in pairs so they'd match side-to-side.

I knew there had to be a reason for me to continue to go to swap meets. The thrill of coming across something like this can't be beat. There used to be stuff that would compare, but I'm old now.

I guess I'm still pissed I broke the lens in the first place.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• studerex
    replied
    That lens also fits Auburn.

Leave a comment:

• MChance
    replied
    Stumbled across these on eBay, Maybe you could use one as a substitute until you found an exact match

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1934-35-Stud...pXzEIa&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corcoran-Bro...BYLgzi&vxp=mtr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X