New Studebaker owner here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Studebaker owner here...

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. My name is Jen and I just purchased my first classic car which happens to be a 1955 Studebaker President State coupe.
    I am looking for sources {venders} for parts for my car. Weather strip, window channel, knobs, heater core, etc. are there parts catalogs available? Any help would be grately appreated.

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Jene...0state%20coupe

Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeneane; 02-21-2017, 03:29 PM.

Welcome to our Family Jen. Join the Studebaker drivers Club and you will get the Turning Wheels magazine which is full of information. There are many parts vendors in our group, but the best catalog is Studebaker International in Indiana. www.studebaker-intl.com.
    I am impressed with your car! But then I have always had a soft spot for 55's.

If you are on Facebook, check out "Studebaker Addicts" page Lots of good folks there.

Enjoy your car. NT
    Neil Thornton

Comment

What Neil said; welcome. Join The Studebaker Drivers Club and you'll find that the monthly editions of Turning Wheels will supply you with more parts than you can imagine. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You might look up studebakervendors.com

Comment

Thanks Neil, I have joined the Studebaker drivers club and I'm waiting to receive my first issue of Turning Wheels magazine. I will check out studebaker international.

Comment

There are parts dealers all over the country. I use Studebakers West here in Northern Ca., and Studebakerparts.com in Phoenix along with others. Beautiful car. My first Studebaker was a 55 Commander, but not as nice as yours!

Comment

Welcome Jen!

That appears to be a Manual Trans. Car, does it have Overdrive?

UPDATE: Opps, I enlarged your Photobucket Photo of the Column and saw the Auto. Trans. gear selector peeking out from behind.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 02-21-2017, 05:53 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

What an impressive first classic car & a STUDEBAKER. Congratulations.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                  MELBOURNE.

Comment

DO NOT listen to the smart-alecs who tell you to park with the front of your car in a hedge! That '55 is a beautiful car, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Sorry, it's a running joke around here about '55s. I learned something today. I always thought a President-State was a four-door. Shows what I know.
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Really nice car. Welcome to the family

Comment

Beautiful ride! Welcome to the Forum!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

An absolutely gorgeous car. Congratulations. Not only should you join the Studebaker Drivers Club, but also join your local SDC chapter. Lots of good contacts in our local chapters. Have fun with that wonderful Studebaker.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have joined the Studebaker drivers club. Not sure if they have a local chapter located in northern Idaho or possibly Spokane WA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeneane View Post
                              Thanks everyone, I have joined the Studebaker drivers club. Not sure if they have a local chapter located in northern Idaho or possibly Spokane WA.
                              Two chapters in Idaho, seven in Washington- http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/chapters.asp Clearly not all are in your area, but some aren't too far.
                              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X