No announcement yet.

New Studebaker owner here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jeneane contact me at oltrknut@msn.com for local info or check your pm for info. Allen

Comment

Jeneane,

Welcome to our Studebaker world. I hope that you will come to embrace it for it's uniqueness. You have made the right first steps to insuring that you will never feel alone with your car that is seldom seen today. Don't fell obliged, but I would love to hear about you, how you connected with your car. 1955's have always been a personal favorite of mine, I've owned many over the years. My collection still contains three of them, one of which was my second car, which I've owned since 1964. I live in the Seattle area, but my lady Mary and I get over to Coeur d Alene often, to visit family. Maybe we could meet for a cup of coffee sometime.

Things seem a little subdued in the Spokane area these days. Allen Barth, who has already contacted you, is without a doubt a guy that you want to get to know. What he has done in Harrington has to be seen to be believed! Harrington is not quite a ghost town, but close to it. He was able to buy the old teens, Ford dealership and turn it into his own little Studebaker world. He also restores cars at his home about ten miles away. Allen and his world are is one of the things that make our world unique.

Another good contact is Ralph Kirby. He lives in the Valley, and can really give you an idea of what is going on in the "Inland Empire."-509 891 2071

Thanks for joining us in our world!
      Bill Hallett
      206 788 7655
      31Redrooster@comcast.net

Comment

Thanks For the welcome Bill. The beauty, uniqueness and rareness of the 55 Studebaker President Coupes is what drew me to this car. My boyfriend has quite a few classic cars (no Studebakers though) and I have enjoyed going to car shows and helping him build his latest a 1955 Ford Victoria hardtop. I figured it was time for me to get a car of my own. I was lucky enough to buy this Florida beauty from Dexter Warrington and had it shipped here to Idaho.
        I would love to meet you and Mary for a cup of coffee next time you are in Cda. I will send you a pm with my contact info.
        looking forward to learning more about the Studebaker world.
        Jen

Comment

Welcome Jeneane & Boyfriend!
          Last edited by JoeHall; 02-24-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Harrington? Are you talking about Huntington Wa, Bill?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Harrington, WA is near Spokane WA, Clunker.

Google shows Huntington, WA does not exist.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 02-24-2017, 11:03 AM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If not said already, buy the Parts and Shop Manuals for your car... FIRST THING!!! Studebaker International and others have them. All the best!!!

Comment

Welcome Jen and boy friend.

Don't let modifying or replacing with parts from another brand be your first plan of action. The 55 Studebaker has almost everything figured out. It's a reliable and well driving car.

You should buy the body parts book and the body and chassis parts book. They have illustrations of all parts, where they go, how they fit with the other parts, their correct name and their part number. All of the Studebaker vendors use these part numbers.
                  Last edited by RadioRoy; 02-25-2017, 03:26 PM.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X