What is the Best Black in a Spray Can?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 48skyliner View Post
    My favorite is their stainless steel paint, which I use for brake calipers, suspension parts, and various items in an engine compartment - anything in a harsh environment. The pigment is pure powdered stainless steel, excellent corrosion resistance.
    I use the Stainless Paint also, good stuff.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

There is a prior post about 50 Stude trim colors. I found a rattle can at Home Depot that was a PERFECT match for the 50 dash and door trim. Heck, just went in the garage and looked......Rustoleum Mettalic Finish, 7713 Dark Bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
        There is a prior post about 50 Stude trim colors. I found a rattle can at Home Depot that was a PERFECT match for the 50 dash and door trim. Heck, just went in the garage and looked......Rustoleum Mettalic Finish, 7713 Dark Bronze.
        I'll have to carry my ash tray into the store and see how that compares. Since only the ash tray needs to be touched up, it would have to be a perfect match.

Comment

Appliance epoxy paint dries fairly fast, is nice and shiny, and is really durable. Only found it in black or white tho.

Comment

TW, take your seat side hinge cover off and spray the inside. When I did you couldn't tell where the new paint was it matched so well.

Comment

Just my subjective opinion... I've used a lot of different brands and ones for different intended purposes. I have consistently gravitated exclusively to Rustoleum, whatever type is appropriate to the particular painting task. I have yet to be disappointed doing so. I might add that I have returned unused from bulk buys of other brands when they failed to perform as well as the Rustoleum. Pay YOUR money, decide for yourself... and, good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffry Cassel View Post
                Appliance epoxy paint dries fairly fast, is nice and shiny, and is really durable. Only found it in black or white tho.
                I agree.
                In the 70's I painted my motorcycle helmet with white appliance epoxy paint, and a month later it dropped and didn't even leave a mark in the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                  I carried my 1950 ash tray, with original paint, into the stores today, but 7713 was way too dark. They hunt continues.

Comment

Working...
                  X