A/C brackets from LS1214

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
    Does ANYone make a Compressor mounting bracket that mounts to the driver side of the engine?...
    Since most US cars have the heater mounted on the passenger side, and hoses running through the firewall on that side, most adaptation of A/C has been on that side to simplify hose routing. Also most US cars already have a power steering pump located on the drivers side, again for routing of hoses to the steering mechanism. The pump gets in the way of a compressor and it's harder to move it than say a generator or alternator to find a mounting spot for the compressor. You might try investigating some Australian or British aftermarket A/C companies. Since their stuff is reversed they may have something that will fit the drivers side.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      With as much room as there is in front of the stude motors I would think a guy could build a system like chevy that has everything on one large bracket and one belt and just go electric fan with out the big fan shroud.
      I think BEZ came up with something like it on one his Avanti builds, I shudder to think of the cost of custom pulleys, idlers, tensioners and the belt to make it work. Working with a modern engine with accessories shaped and designed to fit all the nooks and crannies by design, makes it easier for serpentine style belts. Of course, when one of those lets go--nada works--call the tow truck from your I-Phone.

Comment

WOW! Nice looking there my friend. Cleaned up real good and I can assure you it will run like it looks. Glad to see it is going to a good home as it would have been a shame top see it just sit outside until it wouldn't turn over anymore. Good save.
        Dan

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement Dan. Yes this fall should be pretty satisfying putting the correct original motor back in my project Clipper.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0372[4].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1715736
          Bill

Comment

serpentine works as well as any other belt. Just one big belt to change on the side of the road, and with the proper tensioner setup, it's easier.

Comment

So is there anyway to convert a Stude V8 to a serpentine belt using common salvage yard parts?
              1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
              1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
              1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
              1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
              1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
              1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

That would be a long, very thin belt compared to today's wide serpentines. I would think the danger of stretching would be prohibitive. What say ye?
                Mike Davis
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Working...
                X