NEW old school truck....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW old school truck....

Found this today. A really good idea. I have been hoping that someone would catch on with this soon.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/custom/sout...omy-206060.php

Now, if they would redo a Transtar!![]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Now, if they would redo a Transtar!![]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      [img]
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bkz81

Found this today. A really good idea. I have been hoping that someone would catch on with this soon.

I found this about a year ago when one of the classic truck magazines did an article on them. I believe there are a couple members from the southeast who have actually toured the facility.

Lee

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bkz81

I found this about a year ago when one of the classic truck magazines did an article on them. I believe there are a couple members from the southeast who have actually toured the facility.

Lee

Comment

Greetings, Mark,

We know how much you love that fibreglas grille, but considering the struggles of the Avanti, how many CASOs are likely to step up $55k for a '57 Transtar?

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

Greetings, Mark,

We know how much you love that fibreglas grille, but considering the struggles of the Avanti, how many CASOs are likely to step up $55k for a '57 Transtar?

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
              PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

Greetings, Mark,

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                Well Jack, I like Champs just fine as well! (almost had Steve talked out of one instead of the Transtar!)[] You are being very pragmatic & practical about my "suggestion", while I was daring to dream.[^][:I] 'Course, you are also correct that I am not likely to buy any type of "brand new" vehicle (too much $$$'s), but it would be nice to be able to drive a Transtar pu as a daily driver without worrying about the maintenance issues that affect older vehicles (my lazy side).

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>
                [img]
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander
                Zone Coordinator
                Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Greetings, Mark,

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                  Well Jack, I like Champs just fine as well! (almost had Steve talked out of one instead of the Transtar!)[] You are being very pragmatic & practical about my "suggestion", while I was daring to dream.[^][:I] 'Course, you are also correct that I am not likely to buy any type of "brand new" vehicle (too much $$$'s), but it would be nice to be able to drive a Transtar pu as a daily driver without worrying about the maintenance issues that affect older vehicles (my lazy side).

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>
                  [img]
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander
                  Zone Coordinator
                  Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Hi, Mark,

A Transtar could theoretically be a daily driver without personally worrying about maintenance issues - just have a full restoration done, adding AC, PS and PB if they are musts, then every couple of months take it in to a good shop and tell them do whatever it needs. Either way should be substantially less than the $55k or $1k a month lease the fake Chebby-with-a-Mustang-engine will cost.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                    PackardV8

Comment

Hi, Mark,

A Transtar could theoretically be a daily driver without personally worrying about maintenance issues - just have a full restoration done, adding AC, PS and PB if they are musts, then every couple of months take it in to a good shop and tell them do whatever it needs. Either way should be substantially less than the $55k or $1k a month lease the fake Chebby-with-a-Mustang-engine will cost.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                      PackardV8

Comment

Hi, Mark,

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                        Good points Jack... the other item to consider is that I can [u]actually do</u> some of the mechanical work on a Studebaker...[^] My newer "brand x's" just get taken to the 'technician' when something goes awry!

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>
                        [img]
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Hi, Mark,

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                          Good points Jack... the other item to consider is that I can [u]actually do</u> some of the mechanical work on a Studebaker...[^] My newer "brand x's" just get taken to the 'technician' when something goes awry!

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>
                          [img]
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander
                          Zone Coordinator
                          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Holy cow! That's from back in October. You must have done lots of searching on Jalopnik.

Chris Pile
                            StudeFolk Manager
                            http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
                            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Holy cow! That's from back in October. You must have done lots of searching on Jalopnik.

Chris Pile
                              StudeFolk Manager
                              http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
                              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X