`63 champ engine parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• `63 champ engine parts.

Am looking for NOS std. rings, std. main and rod bearings, 170 overhead, not Studebaker International. lucky7@succeed.net.
    Last edited by Art Smith; 02-12-2017, 12:57 PM.

Art, I sent You a PM.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Art Smith View Post
      Am looking for NOS std. rings, std. main and rod bearings, 170 overhead, not Studebaker International. lucky7@succeed.net.
      Art,

Drop me a note at bomarkham@embarqmail.com
      Bo

Comment

I have a NOS set of 64 standard rings for the 170. They were made by Sealed Power and are in the original Studebaker box. They're different than the 63 rings according to the book, but I couldn't tell you why. If you're using 64 pistons I wouldn't see a problem. I'd sell them for $50.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2419.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1712433

Nick
        Last edited by 61Lark; 02-12-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Nick, the '64 OHV 6 pistons were significantly different than the '63 and earlier pistons. One difference was the ring thickness, that's why the set you have is '64 only.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My engine is a `63 and the parts book shows the `64`s are by themselves. Art.

Comment

The 1964 6 cylinder pistons were the same as Fiat pistons (slipper pistons)
              I found this info in the Lambarti papers.
              http://www.studebaker-info.org/Lambe...agesintro.html

Robert Kapteyn
              Last edited by rkapteyn; 02-12-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Nick, the '64 OHV 6 pistons were significantly different than the '63 and earlier pistons. One difference was the ring thickness, that's why the set you have is '64 only.
                Thank you, that's good to know.

Comment

Working...
                X