No announcement yet.

Engine color on 1948 Champion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got home from checking a few auto stores to see if I could match the engine paint and the dash paint, but had no luck at all.

Someone said Rustoleum 7713 was a great match for the dash, but I carried my ash tray with, and it was way too dark.

Comment

Have you tried PPG Automotive Paint? They should be able to reproduce any original color for American cars.
      Best Regards,
      Sergio
      1948 Champion Regal Deluxe

Comment

For me, the correct color is "Bell System" aka Bell Telephone truck green.
        Agree that of those shown, #5 (and also the oil tube on #14) looks correct.

Comment

Hi TWChamp, may I suggest perhaps using one of those color charts - the accordion looking things from any paint manufacturer (I'm not sure what they are called other than a color chart)... Maybe you can simply match the right color and finish off of your neighbor's oil tube and send that to PPG. I'm sure they'll be able to match a color given a sample. In the very least, you'll get a color back that matches something you've already have seen on an engine.
          Best Regards,
          Sergio
          1948 Champion Regal Deluxe

Comment

Working...
          X