Brand Xs allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand Xs allowed?

Do I understand that Brand X cars are being allowed at the International Studebaker Meet?....not sure I like that idea.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

As in all our May meets, brand x had their own area for the show. They will have their own area at this show. More for the public to see. They all register and pay for the show.

Comment

I did not know that.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

What SDC International Meet has EVER had ANY Brand X's allowed on the show field?

Certainly none I know of.

This is not a May Swap Meet!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          What SDC International Meet has EVER had ANY Brand X's allowed on the show field?

This is not a May Swap Meet!
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Personally, I like the idea. They will have their own area. Our Studebaker will have their own area. More cars to look at. More people in general at the show. Maybe it might spark some interest in our brand.
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

The 2007 International Meet. The Packard club held their meet on the same field at the fairgrounds.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
                Personally, I like the idea. They will have their own area. Our Studebaker will have their own area. More cars to look at. More people in general at the show. Maybe it might spark some interest in our brand.
                What Kurt said. They will be in decidedly separate areas; not co-mingled. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Folks it is time that we begin to understand that to make a show successful we need to begin to expand our vision and allow brand x's on our show field in a separate area. All of us are getting older and hopefully wiser as are all of the other auto clubs in this country. Having more cars and more brands allow for more spectators to enter the show field. Just as in 2007 when Packard joined us in South Bend they were located in their own area and it gave us all a chance to see more cars, talk to more owners and expand our horizons. Like in the cereal commercial's where Mikey's friends asked him to try the new cereal what did they see, he ate it and their response was "Mikey likes it." Who knows we might like it too when we have a show field of 900-1,000 cars and over 10,000 spectators all who paid to get in. HMMM, now would n't that be a thrill.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                    Folks it is time that we begin to understand that to make a show successful we need to begin to expand our vision and allow brand x's on our show field in a separate area. All of us are getting older and hopefully wiser as are all of the other auto clubs in this country. Having more cars and more brands allow for more spectators to enter the show field. Who knows we might like it too when we have a show field of 900-1,000 cars and over 10,000 spectators all who paid to get in. HMMM, now would n't that be a thrill.
                    I have no problem with that.

For example, make it open to ALL Indiana-built automobiles, besides Studebakers. It would help those who are not from Indiana to appreciate the state's diverse automotive heritage.

Craig

Comment

I agree with letting brand 'X' owners in. Let them park in a designated area, as has long been done at the SB swap meet in May. Its nice to look at other cars of the same era as ours. Who knows, we may actually even gain some members, when they compare their cars to our beautiful Studes !
                      Last edited by JoeHall; 02-07-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

I think it is a great idea. It will expose or club to people who are interested in cars, but are not SDC members...yet. They may realize what they are missing and wish to get a Stude. It has happened with the Pure Stock Muscle Car event.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I agree with Kurt and Bob. The more cars the better and if your a true car guy brand doesn't matter. COOL IS COOL.Be it a stock Studebaker or a Hot Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            I have no problem with that.

For example, make it open to ALL Indiana-built automobiles, besides Studebakers. It would help those who are not from Indiana to appreciate the state's diverse automotive heritage.

Craig
                            Not too far away, only about an hour and a half drive, is Auburn, Indiana where the Duesenberg, Auburn, Cord museum is located. They have a half a floor there dedicated to Indiana-built automobiles. Kind of interesting. In fact, if you're going to be at the national and you don't visit that museum you are missing out on a treat. It's in what used to be the office buildings of the Cord factory and many of the old offices have been left the way they were during production. Some of those cars, especially the Duesies, are incredible pieces of workmanship.
                            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                            Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                            '69 Pontiac Firebird
                            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Long term, I can see far more gain than loss by inviting other marque clubs to be in partnership with our club.

The real trick will to be logistics. If a local Studebaker chapter saw diminishing membership but still had a popular meet, pairing up with say the local brass era club could spread the effort among more people and draw more people in who are not petrol heads due to the visual. The trick is finding a way to entice other clubs to take the 2nd place role, perhaps by going the reverse come the next event.

Comment

Working...
                              X