No announcement yet.

Gonna Look at this Studebaker this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty ugly what previous owners car do, but it looks like you are on top of it.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
      Dash sold for $750.00. Just a FYI

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ
      Bob,
      I think someone stole that dash for a mere $750.
      I sold one of those speedos years ago for almost that much. An entire dash in that condition with all the goodies there was a very good deal for that price. Just my thoughts.
      sals54

Comment

You made the correct decision to get it running and keep it original. You'll soon be enjoying it. Most first-timers underestimate the time, effort and cost of chasing down all the little parts necessary to swap engines and or transmission types.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

I was high bidder on that dash, until someone came in and sniped it at the last minute. Oh well. Yes, it was a good deal, but it did have some cigarette damage.

Comment

If your still looking for some parts specially the dash I found this on the Winnipeg Manitoba Kijiji site .. By the sounds of it this might be a great deal .. Canadian money is at a low compared to US money .. Its not mine.. Hope this link works .. I'm enjoying this link and thanks for the updates ..

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-e...ationFlag=true
            Love my Lark

Comment

Originally posted by ntreaster View Post
              I got the OHV 6 Engine Running!

Transmission will not go into gear. So it needs a rebuild or replacement. I'm going to try and find replacement parts for it, and rebuild it.
              Having water in the trans is good reason to go through it. But be sure to check the converter too. It is not uncommon for this trans to strip out the internal splines in the the converter.

Comment

I could not agree more. Someone stole the dash and are not going to jail for it. That speedo is worth that to some buyers.

Allen

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                Bob,
                I think someone stole that dash for a mere $750.
                I sold one of those speedos years ago for almost that much. An entire dash in that condition with all the goodies there was a very good deal for that price. Just my thoughts.
                1964 GT Hawk
                PSMCDR 2014
                Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                PSMCDR 2013
                Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

fargoguy....PM sent

Comment

Working...
                  X