Celebration of Chuck Naugle SALE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Sincere thanks to all involved who did everything they could to make Chuck's vehicles and parts available to everyone; an outstanding job.

Thank goodness The Whistler and its engine block were discovered and rescued while Chuck was still alive, or it would be on that truck!
    Agree 100% on that one!!

Craig

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Sincere thanks to all involved who did everything they could to make Chuck's vehicles and parts available to everyone; an outstanding job.

Thank goodness The Whistler and its engine block were discovered and rescued while Chuck was still alive, or it would be on that truck!

Thanks again to all. BP
      Four others that escaped the crusher.. Amazing how he had so many cars that had factory holes cut in the trans tunnel..
      62v41253_zpsfc5d6929
      63v1094_zps157b1dfc
      64v6210_zps0e32bae5
      63v1094_zps157b1dfc
      Last edited by SScopelli; 05-25-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Wow what a year or more it's been. Sebastian is right many cars with factory holes in them most were lark type cars and some Hawks. And about 6 sky tops also escaped. What a time we had with Chuck and after Chuck passed. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Thanks all for the positive words. John Kroulik

Comment

• I just had to do it! I don't usually, ever do that.

I Opened this Old last hit in Jan. 2018 String, just because the END of this big Chuck Naugle Estate Sale String about really neat Stude's in his collection was REALLY Great.

What really got my attention were those 4 Production Orders from Tuscon and Phoenix.

I found that on the 4th one, the line-a-type operator (Lady) that did 63V1094 only the '94th '63V built, very early on 9/6/1962, still had F4 is a "Deluxe" in her head instead of the Correct '63 Name "Regal" F4 2 Door.

Three Gold and One Silver and all 2 Doors, all 4 Speed, 4 Brl. 289's! COOL! Those Arizona Dealers were really into Performance Cars like the Whistler!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• I remember about an article many years ago about a fellow named John Isom (sp) about his purchase new of a 1963 R2 Daytona. It was at Ray Tanner Studebaker in Phoenix. The thing that struck me about the article, was he purchased it brand in on or about June 1964! He at the time of the article in I think Cars and Parts (1983?) was still the owner but used the car infrequently because of supercharger troubles. Ray Tanner was a believer in performance cars, selling Volvo cars after the last 66 cars were sold.

Bob Miles
            Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

• Originally posted by 6hk71400 View Post
              I remember about an article many years ago about a fellow named John Isom (sp) about his purchase new of a 1963 R2 Daytona. It was at Ray Tanner Studebaker in Phoenix. The thing that struck me about the article, was he purchased it brand in on or about June 1964! He at the time of the article in I think Cars and Parts (1983?) was still the owner but used the car infrequently because of supercharger troubles.
              That same car was also on the cover of Turning Wheels in a Fred K. Fox feature article on 1963 Larks, Cruisers and Standards in 1986.

Craig

Comment

• And at the time of the first sale, whoodathunk (me!) two years later I'd own Chuck's '48 Starlight Coupe?Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1392.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1725711Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1393.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	1725712

Bill

Comment

• I was only able to go to one of the last sales before the crusher took over, but gosh what a fun time despite the 24 hour drive to get there. I just wish I had packed more stuff home, but I think the heat scrambled my brain & I was in overload mode. There were more 1956 studes there than I've ever seen in one place at one time.
                  mike Sal

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                    /Cut/There were more 1956 Studes there than I've ever seen in one place at one time.
                    mike Sal
                    LOL! They were probably mostly President Classic Y Bodies, with the 4 Barrel Carb. & Intake, Rear Stabilizer Bars and the Heavy Duty T-85/R-11 Overdrives ripped out!

Chuck KNEW what the "Good Stuff" was!
                    StudeRich

Comment

• Please tell me someone Saved the C-Cabs......

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                        Please tell me someone Saved the C-Cabs......
                        Posts 217 and 218.
                        StudeRich

Comment

• I see that picture of the Semi heading out and could just cry. Glad to hear all those grand old trucks were saved though. Thank Heaven Chuck's resources were available as long as they were.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                          X