X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swifster
    replied
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1951-California-...QQcmdZViewItem

Nice set of plates. The guy wants $400 . The plates are not clear. They are a nice $20 set...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Starlite51

Anne

here's a source for a set '51 plates for your friend if he stil wants to put 51 plates on the car

California Clear YOM Plates

www.davesclp.com email davesclp@aol.com

I have bought several restored DMV CLEAR sets from Dave
    he's a class guy - fair price- good quailty and he gurantees the plates clear for like 40 days

I paid $500 for a set of 1951 CA Plates (I understand 51's are now going for $800 a set !)

he will be at Turlock vending
    Man, I may be way off, but I'd shop Ebay and have someone restore what you buy. I'd pay $500 for a matching pair of Yukon or Northwest Territories plates (in any condition), but youy can do better than $500. License plates are like baseball cards. Dodgers cards are worth a lot more in LA than they are in Cleveland. California plates will be cheaper at a show outside the state lines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Starlite51

Anne

here's a source for a set '51 plates for your friend if he stil wants to put 51 plates on the car

he's a class guy - fair price- good quailty and he gurantees the plates clear for like 40 days

I paid $500 for a set of 1951 CA Plates (I understand 51's are now going for $800 a set !)

Man, I may be way off, but I'd shop Ebay and have someone restore what you buy. I'd pay $500 for a matching pair of Yukon or Northwest Territories plates (in any condition), but youy can do better than $500. License plates are like baseball cards. Dodgers cards are worth a lot more in LA than they are in Cleveland. California plates will be cheaper at a show outside the state lines.

Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    With all the brand spankin' new cars running around with only one plate, you'd think that someone would worry 'bout those instead...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    With all the brand spankin' new cars running around with only one plate, you'd think that someone would worry 'bout those instead...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• Starlite51
    replied
    Anne

John

Leave a comment:

• Starlite51
    replied
    Anne

John

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Thank You for your help. I've been under the weather lately so I thought you guys would help me find answers and you have. Plus I got a chance to show you another orphan.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Thank You for your help. I've been under the weather lately so I thought you guys would help me find answers and you have. Plus I got a chance to show you another orphan.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman
    Help me comfirm this so that we can get this plate on his Kaiser.
    They issued two...

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman
    Help me comfirm this so that we can get this plate on his Kaiser.
    They issued two...

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    google is your friend:

"YOU NEED TWO LICENSE PLATES. For any car or truck in California, every year except 1945 and 1946, you need a matching pair of plates. For trailers, or for any 1945 or 1946 model year vehicle, single plates only were issued. "

Lots more info here:

http://reviews.ebay.com/DMV-clear-Ca...00000000961771

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    google is your friend:

"YOU NEED TWO LICENSE PLATES. For any car or truck in California, every year except 1945 and 1946, you need a matching pair of plates. For trailers, or for any 1945 or 1946 model year vehicle, single plates only were issued. "

Lots more info here:

http://reviews.ebay.com/DMV-clear-Ca...00000000961771

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• 61hawk
    replied
    I've also seen several states not allow restored (repainted) plates. If they require 2 plates, have one of those plastic custom license plate places make a second one and put it on the back inside one of those license plate protector covers... who would know the difference?

Lee

Leave a comment:

• 61hawk
    replied
    I've also seen several states not allow restored (repainted) plates. If they require 2 plates, have one of those plastic custom license plate places make a second one and put it on the back inside one of those license plate protector covers... who would know the difference?

Lee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X