X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by lstude

I am kind of worried about the Champ dealer sign I have on eBay. It has cracks in it that didn't show up on the picture. I did state that it has cracks, but people don't always read the description thoroughly.

Leonard Shepherd
    Well Len, if you feel bad, I know that Steve Blake will take it off your hands immediately for $50![:0]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by lstude

I am kind of worried about the Champ dealer sign I have on eBay. It has cracks in it that didn't show up on the picture. I did state that it has cracks, but people don't always read the description thoroughly.

Leonard Shepherd
    Well Len, if you feel bad, I know that Steve Blake will take it off your hands immediately for $50![:0]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Guido, no worries, that particular car and parts stash deal had me doing cart wheels over stuff I found myself, only fair that you got a few extras. Lee D. bought the other GT from the stash to part out, but found out the engine had about 100 miles on a full rebuild, so he's driving the wheels off it for now.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Guido, no worries, that particular car and parts stash deal had me doing cart wheels over stuff I found myself, only fair that you got a few extras. Lee D. bought the other GT from the stash to part out, but found out the engine had about 100 miles on a full rebuild, so he's driving the wheels off it for now.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP
    life is too short to obsess about unpleasant surprises, especially when you can expect to get pleasant ones down the road.
    And I would like to thank JP for the 2 NOS sets of plug wires that he never knew were underneath the rear seat on the POR Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP
    life is too short to obsess about unpleasant surprises, especially when you can expect to get pleasant ones down the road.
    And I would like to thank JP for the 2 NOS sets of plug wires that he never knew were underneath the rear seat on the POR Hawk.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    All I get from the thread was to put a $100 BIN, on my used 2 barrels so they won't sell for more then a restored carb would bring. It's the main reason I sometimes end a auction early to sell to someone that I'm fairly sure I'll make happy. If I have two bidders fighting it out and one is new to the hobby asking about all the dash lights on a car working, and another is a wrench turner that just wants to know if the cars body is solid and it drives, I'll sell to the later. far better to find a happy home for a car or part then to disappoint a aggressive bidder.
    In the case of the carb in question I'd never pay that kind of money, but if i did, I'd just get a giggle out of the ants found while kitting the thing. When I got Caesar I must have found a few dozen things installed incorrectly or missing, but as in the case of carb ants, the PO was clueless about the issues. Had I bought the car on ebay and paid a lot more, I may have been less cheerful about the warts that I found but life is too short to obsess about unpleasant surprises, especially when you can expect to get pleasant ones down the road.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    All I get from the thread was to put a $100 BIN, on my used 2 barrels so they won't sell for more then a restored carb would bring. It's the main reason I sometimes end a auction early to sell to someone that I'm fairly sure I'll make happy. If I have two bidders fighting it out and one is new to the hobby asking about all the dash lights on a car working, and another is a wrench turner that just wants to know if the cars body is solid and it drives, I'll sell to the later. far better to find a happy home for a car or part then to disappoint a aggressive bidder.
    In the case of the carb in question I'd never pay that kind of money, but if i did, I'd just get a giggle out of the ants found while kitting the thing. When I got Caesar I must have found a few dozen things installed incorrectly or missing, but as in the case of carb ants, the PO was clueless about the issues. Had I bought the car on ebay and paid a lot more, I may have been less cheerful about the warts that I found but life is too short to obsess about unpleasant surprises, especially when you can expect to get pleasant ones down the road.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Gordy, tell me how much the carb kit is and I'll send you a refund on the kit tomorrow.
    And the cost of the carb kit was....?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Gordy, tell me how much the carb kit is and I'll send you a refund on the kit tomorrow.
    And the cost of the carb kit was....?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

• Gordy911
    replied
    Don't want to stir that pot of bees up but being new to this hobby you really are not sure what things go for. Having bought Corvette parts for last 20 years they are all over the place. Key thing was I never mentioned the name and left favorable remarks as was part my problem for paying so much but I wanted to get this on the road asap at least so the misses would know it runs and could take her for ride once in while.our newest addition a Nissan Maxima so now with 7 cars and a2 car garage and workshop thats only 20x20 I am looking for another place and put up a large pole barn for workshop and storage. sorry if I offended anyone and lets face it you have to be buyer savvy no matter what they belong to.I was stupid and got burned. Let it go..I did but i have refunded money to people when it was approp.

62 GT Hawk
    84 vette
    31 Ford Pickup
    2005 Maxima
    2006 CTSV
    Gravely 17hp Pro
    Gravely Walker 10HP

Leave a comment:

• Gordy911
    replied
    Don't want to stir that pot of bees up but being new to this hobby you really are not sure what things go for. Having bought Corvette parts for last 20 years they are all over the place. Key thing was I never mentioned the name and left favorable remarks as was part my problem for paying so much but I wanted to get this on the road asap at least so the misses would know it runs and could take her for ride once in while.our newest addition a Nissan Maxima so now with 7 cars and a2 car garage and workshop thats only 20x20 I am looking for another place and put up a large pole barn for workshop and storage. sorry if I offended anyone and lets face it you have to be buyer savvy no matter what they belong to.I was stupid and got burned. Let it go..I did but i have refunded money to people when it was approp.

62 GT Hawk
    84 vette
    31 Ford Pickup
    2005 Maxima
    2006 CTSV
    Gravely 17hp Pro
    Gravely Walker 10HP

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by wally

So Swifster, couldn't you make it right with the buyer(gordy) by sending them a rebuild kit(since you admit after the fact that it should be rebuilt), and refunding at least some of their money, just to keep the peace, and maintain your rep as a good ol' boy? Even at that, you'd still have gotten a pretty fair price--way more than the $75 you expected-- out of an old two-barrel that most folks would've pitched. Lets face it: Ebay(and auctions in general)can make fools out of all of us. I've heard it said here more than once: It is more about the People, than it is the Cars.
    John, I offered to pay for the rebuild kit. See my post above.

Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X