Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rusty nut garage
    replied
    Having played with cars and tractors of different makes, our STUDEBAKER vendors are by far some of the best to deal with. Ask around for some testimony and you'll get a long list of trustworthy vendors.
    I think that there is a format thru the SDC to hold vendors responsible for bad dealings. It might be no more than not allowing them to vend and advertise thru the club, but eventually they will go out of business. Word travels fast (bad news usually) on the other hand be sure to brag about the good dealings you receive also.
    The studebaker world is small compared to brand X and bad vendors thankfully don't last long.
    Russ

quote:Originally posted by Vance

Having been a member of another type of auto club and buying parts from members of that club for my car, I never had any member sell me bad parts.
    As a fairly new member of the Studebaker club, I purchased a Studebaker and needed some engine parts to rebuild the cars engine. I found some of the parts on Ebay and after checking the seller history out and found she was a member of the Studebaker drivers club and owned several Studebakers, I sent her payment for five different engine parts. When I received the parts they were all in non use condition with rust and old cracked rubber. I asked to return and the member told me no refund or return. I am out 155.00 on this member. This is when Greed takes over integrity.
    When I see her at a National meet, I am sure she will hide her face in the crowd.
    I have purchased quite a few other parts this year from members and found everyone else to be of the highest integrity.
    Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Leave a comment:

• Allan Songer
    replied
    Cracked rubber on an engine part? Valve stem seals? Rear main seal? Can't imagine anyone sells old, "cracked" versions of these items. And I would think you'd just get a FelPro set if you were building an engine . . .

Please elaborate.

Leave a comment:

• Allan Songer
    replied
    Cracked rubber on an engine part? Valve stem seals? Rear main seal? Can't imagine anyone sells old, "cracked" versions of these items. And I would think you'd just get a FelPro set if you were building an engine . . .

Please elaborate.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Well, one very important suggestion: NEVER BUY NOS RUBBER PARTS!

There are many fresh new production rubber parts available for post war Studes. everything from door and window seals to "A" arm and spring bushings, engine mounts etc.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Well, one very important suggestion: NEVER BUY NOS RUBBER PARTS!

There are many fresh new production rubber parts available for post war Studes. everything from door and window seals to "A" arm and spring bushings, engine mounts etc.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    replied
    Unfortunantly I guess there is some bad apples in every group. Did you report this person to Ebay?

Former owner/owner with Dad:
    58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ

Lakeland, FL

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    replied
    Unfortunantly I guess there is some bad apples in every group. Did you report this person to Ebay?

Former owner/owner with Dad:
    58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ

Lakeland, FL

Leave a comment:

• Vance
    started a topic Buying parts from our members on ebay

Buying parts from our members on ebay

Having been a member of another type of auto club and buying parts from members of that club for my car, I never had any member sell me bad parts.
    As a fairly new member of the Studebaker club, I purchased a Studebaker and needed some engine parts to rebuild the cars engine. I found some of the parts on Ebay and after checking the seller history out and found she was a member of the Studebaker drivers club and owned several Studebakers, I sent her payment for five different engine parts. When I received the parts they were all in non use condition with rust and old cracked rubber. I asked to return and the member told me no refund or return. I am out 155.00 on this member. This is when Greed takes over integrity.
    When I see her at a National meet, I am sure she will hide her face in the crowd.
    I have purchased quite a few other parts this year from members and found everyone else to be of the highest integrity.
Working...
X