Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avanti & Hawk look alike 'Vette (really!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avantilover
    replied
    Let's face it what are you going to do with a Million Dollar car anyhow? Put it in a nice garage and dust it occasionally. Now, with a Studebaker you can have fun fun fun until daddy takes your keys away (sorry that was a Thunderbird) LOL. I will surely be driving mine when I get one, I don't see the point of importing one, restoring it then looking at it.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Let's face it what are you going to do with a Million Dollar car anyhow? Put it in a nice garage and dust it occasionally. Now, with a Studebaker you can have fun fun fun until daddy takes your keys away (sorry that was a Thunderbird) LOL. I will surely be driving mine when I get one, I don't see the point of importing one, restoring it then looking at it.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I'll say it before and please bear with me while I repeat myself, I think the Barrett-Jackson auction has ruined the collector car hobby.
    I guess I just don't see our hobby as "ruined". I personally have a lot of fun with it, and see others doing the same within their budgets. I have been to several BJ auctions and enjoy seeing the "people show" as much as the "car show" . Great entertainment, but I don't think that it in any way, shape, or form, defines our hobby. Let's face it...a well restored FI 57 Chevy or Hemi 'cuda is worth a ton of money...BJ or no BJ...but you really don't need one of those to have a good time with old cars [8D]

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I'll say it before and please bear with me while I repeat myself, I think the Barrett-Jackson auction has ruined the collector car hobby.
    I guess I just don't see our hobby as "ruined". I personally have a lot of fun with it, and see others doing the same within their budgets. I have been to several BJ auctions and enjoy seeing the "people show" as much as the "car show" . Great entertainment, but I don't think that it in any way, shape, or form, defines our hobby. Let's face it...a well restored FI 57 Chevy or Hemi 'cuda is worth a ton of money...BJ or no BJ...but you really don't need one of those to have a good time with old cars [8D]

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE Doesn't this look a lot like an Avanti? Especially in its side view?[/b]
    The aerial shot shows its greenhouse that (to me anyway) looks a lot like a Hawk.
    Without the triangular rear post (or sail panel) it in no way resembles an Avanti. Looks like a 'vette from the side.
    As for the greenhouse view - no way on the Hawk. It has straight glass, not a curved fastback.

You need new specs, Boyle? (lol)
    I'm stickin to my story!
    The clean, smooth sides (helped by the window vents) looks to me like the Avanti. And the backswept "B" pillar reminds me of a Hawk.

Or maybe I've been hangin' around Studebakers too much lately...

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• JBOYLE
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE Doesn't this look a lot like an Avanti? Especially in its side view?[/b]
    The aerial shot shows its greenhouse that (to me anyway) looks a lot like a Hawk.
    Without the triangular rear post (or sail panel) it in no way resembles an Avanti. Looks like a 'vette from the side.
    As for the greenhouse view - no way on the Hawk. It has straight glass, not a curved fastback.

I'm stickin to my story!
    The clean, smooth sides (helped by the window vents) looks to me like the Avanti. And the backswept "B" pillar reminds me of a Hawk.

Or maybe I've been hangin' around Studebakers too much lately...

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jnormanh
    replied
    Loks more like an Elan +2

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/P.../elanplus2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jnormanh
    replied
    Loks more like an Elan +2

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/P.../elanplus2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP

Well, I'll admit 76K is a bit steep for a M series truck.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli.../w_search.aspx

JDP/Maryland
    Hmm... wonder what the headroom/legroom is in that unit?[}]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
    Hmm... wonder what the headroom/legroom is in that unit?[}]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• Randy_G
    replied
    I'll say it before and please bear with me while I repeat myself, I think the Barrett-Jackson auction has ruined the collector car hobby.[V] If you don't have several million in the bank you will never have a chance at say an all original Hemi Cuda or Roadrunner.[B)] The prices those cars get is unreal and now everyone thinks his or her rusty ole mopar, ford, chevy is worthy of those lofty sums of money.[xx(] Ok I'm done now, I have to go set my DVR to record as much of it as possiable.[)]

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X