Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avanti & Hawk look alike 'Vette (really!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE Doesn't this look a lot like an Avanti? Especially in its side view?[/b]
    The aerial shot shows its greenhouse that (to me anyway) looks a lot like a Hawk.
    Without the triangular rear post (or sail panel) it in no way resembles an Avanti. Looks like a 'vette from the side.
    As for the greenhouse view - no way on the Hawk. It has straight glass, not a curved fastback.

You need new specs, Boyle? (lol)
    I'm stickin to my story!
    The clean, smooth sides (helped by the window vents) looks to me like the Avanti. And the backswept "B" pillar reminds me of a Hawk.

Or maybe I've been hangin' around Studebakers too much lately...

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE Doesn't this look a lot like an Avanti? Especially in its side view?[/b]
      The aerial shot shows its greenhouse that (to me anyway) looks a lot like a Hawk.
      Without the triangular rear post (or sail panel) it in no way resembles an Avanti. Looks like a 'vette from the side.
      As for the greenhouse view - no way on the Hawk. It has straight glass, not a curved fastback.

You need new specs, Boyle? (lol)
      I'm stickin to my story!
      The clean, smooth sides (helped by the window vents) looks to me like the Avanti. And the backswept "B" pillar reminds me of a Hawk.

Or maybe I've been hangin' around Studebakers too much lately...

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I'll say it before and please bear with me while I repeat myself, I think the Barrett-Jackson auction has ruined the collector car hobby.
        I guess I just don't see our hobby as "ruined". I personally have a lot of fun with it, and see others doing the same within their budgets. I have been to several BJ auctions and enjoy seeing the "people show" as much as the "car show" . Great entertainment, but I don't think that it in any way, shape, or form, defines our hobby. Let's face it...a well restored FI 57 Chevy or Hemi 'cuda is worth a ton of money...BJ or no BJ...but you really don't need one of those to have a good time with old cars [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

I'll say it before and please bear with me while I repeat myself, I think the Barrett-Jackson auction has ruined the collector car hobby.
          I guess I just don't see our hobby as "ruined". I personally have a lot of fun with it, and see others doing the same within their budgets. I have been to several BJ auctions and enjoy seeing the "people show" as much as the "car show" . Great entertainment, but I don't think that it in any way, shape, or form, defines our hobby. Let's face it...a well restored FI 57 Chevy or Hemi 'cuda is worth a ton of money...BJ or no BJ...but you really don't need one of those to have a good time with old cars [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Let's face it what are you going to do with a Million Dollar car anyhow? Put it in a nice garage and dust it occasionally. Now, with a Studebaker you can have fun fun fun until daddy takes your keys away (sorry that was a Thunderbird) LOL. I will surely be driving mine when I get one, I don't see the point of importing one, restoring it then looking at it.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Let's face it what are you going to do with a Million Dollar car anyhow? Put it in a nice garage and dust it occasionally. Now, with a Studebaker you can have fun fun fun until daddy takes your keys away (sorry that was a Thunderbird) LOL. I will surely be driving mine when I get one, I don't see the point of importing one, restoring it then looking at it.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
              X