Hey Dick! Cruiser question, nice one on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Dick! Cruiser question, nice one on e-bay

Hey guys... There's a really nice Cruiser on e-bay that's been up before. They even used the same pictures (why not?). My question is the back seat: Didn't Cruisers have an arm-rest in the back seat? This one is badged properly and has the rear-door vent windows, so why not the arm-rest[?]

If I had the cash, I'd stomp on that buy-it-now and run, not walk, but run down to get it. Nice car.[]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

http://tinyurl.com/3dkheq
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/3dkheq
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Hey guys... There's a really nice Cruiser on e-bay that's been up before. They even used the same pictures (why not?). My question is the back seat: Didn't Cruisers have an arm-rest in the back seat. This one is badged properly and has the rear-door vent windows, so why not the arm-rest[?]
        That seat appears to be the all-vinyl 1964 Daytona style/pattern.

Craig

Comment

Hey guys... There's a really nice Cruiser on e-bay that's been up before. They even used the same pictures (why not?). My question is the back seat: Didn't Cruisers have an arm-rest in the back seat. This one is badged properly and has the rear-door vent windows, so why not the arm-rest[?]
          That seat appears to be the all-vinyl 1964 Daytona style/pattern.

Craig

Comment

Yes, that was my thought too. Especially with the front seats looking the way they do. Could the car have been ordered with the Daytona interior? It wouldn't have been hard to have produced. Doesn't matter. I LIKE IT![] Too bad I'm too poor. Then again, maybe that's a good thing.[)]

Lotsa Larks!
            Ron Smith
            Ron Smith

Comment

Yes, that was my thought too. Especially with the front seats looking the way they do. Could the car have been ordered with the Daytona interior? It wouldn't have been hard to have produced. Doesn't matter. I LIKE IT![] Too bad I'm too poor. Then again, maybe that's a good thing.[)]

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Ron Smith

Comment

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Yes, that was my thought too. Especially with the front seats looking the way they do. Could the car have been ordered with the Daytona interior?
                I think everyone knows by now, Studebaker would have put together ANYTHING for the customer if he insisted, but of course he would not have gotten a 1964 interior in 1963!![]

Craig

Comment

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Yes, that was my thought too. Especially with the front seats looking the way they do. Could the car have been ordered with the Daytona interior?
                  I think everyone knows by now, Studebaker would have put together ANYTHING for the customer if he insisted, but of course he would not have gotten a 1964 interior in 1963!![]

Craig

Comment

Looks like he made up a rear cover using a Daytona cover for example. I liked at the car too, but it needs carpet, sill plates and windlace as a start, not quite a buy at the BIN price for me. Besides, I lose my butt trying to make a buck flipping a four door.

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,439.30
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Looks like he made up a rear cover using a Daytona cover for example. I liked at the car too, but it needs carpet, sill plates and windlace as a start, not quite a buy at the BIN price for me. Besides, I lose my butt trying to make a buck flipping a four door.

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,439.30
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

didn't I read in the auction listing that it has Daytona seats and 64 interior panels? Ok, yep...

quote:The front buckets, center console, and rear seats are transplants from a 1964 Studebaker Daytona 2 door hardtop. The door panels are out of a 1964 Cruiser.
                        --george

Comment

didn't I read in the auction listing that it has Daytona seats and 64 interior panels? Ok, yep...

quote:The front buckets, center console, and rear seats are transplants from a 1964 Studebaker Daytona 2 door hardtop. The door panels are out of a 1964 Cruiser.
                          --george

Comment

The write up states rear and front seats and console are from 1964 Daytona hardtop

Comment

The write up states rear and front seats and console are from 1964 Daytona hardtop

Comment

Working...
                              X