Studebaker: Featured Class Hemmings NY Meet 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker: Featured Class Hemmings NY Meet 2017

Hemmings announced that Studebaker will be one of the featured classes this year at their NY Concours D'Elegance. I'll try to post the link. You have to apply to be included on the show field....so APPLY.

https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...tured-marques/

1964 Studebaker Hawk GT; image by the author.

Think Studebaker and it’s fair, to some degree, to associate the South Bend automaker with its line of economy cars from the mid-Fifties to the last one that rolled off the line (in Canada) in 1966; however, there was far more to the independent marque. Studebakers were originally designed for the upscale market, spearheaded, for instance, by the President line that has since become recognized as Full Classics by the CCCA (technically the 1928-’33 examples). Their family of automobiles included sports cars, performance cars and an array of coupes and sedans aimed at the middle class, not forgetting their line of trucks that catered to the working men and women who built America. It’s a heritage that’s not lost on us at Hemmings, and therefore we’re celebrating the Studebaker lineage in a class unto their own.
    Last edited by jg61hawk; 11-28-2016, 02:46 PM. Reason: more info

That's Matthew Wendt's beautiful 1964 Hawk.

It was the subject of a two-part Restoration Profile in Hemmings Classic Car. Fortunately, Matt lives close enough to Hemmings HQ that they can run out and photograph it fairly easily. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That looks like it could be an interesting show , only one Great Lake from me so just maybe I'll see if they will let my freshly done Wagonaire in since there isn't any big shows on my list next year !
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I showed my Speedster at one of the first Hemmings Concours back when it was in Vermont. I don't have the details on this years show, but this is not just a day show, but a weekend event with a tour, an open show on Saturday and the by invite only big show Sunday. They have a dinner Sat night and good speaker. I've put in my request to show my Speedster again in 2017.
        Bill
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Speedster at Newport 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1711322
        http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clarkwd View Post
          I showed my Speedster at one of the first Hemmings Concours back when it was in Vermont. I don't have the details on this years show, but this is not just a day show, but a weekend event with a tour, an open show on Saturday and the by invite only big show Sunday. They have a dinner Sat night and good speaker. I've put in my request to show my Speedster again in 2017.
          Bill
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]60259[/ATTACH]
          Cool beans, Bill. That's a great color combination; 'hope it is displayed. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I will be there as well. I am less than 5 miles from the venue. There is also a really nice auto museum on that site. LOTS of hotels, a great town for walking and Eating. This is Saratoga Springs! home of the horse race track. Friday night There is Dirt roundy round car racing near by. There is so much more nearby. I have lived here for most of my 54 years.
            If you have any questions ask me. Rich La Torre- PM me here. I check in at least once a week here. Go To This Meet!
            64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
            Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

Hey, Bill, do you think my yellow 56 GH would fair well?

Gus

Comment

AD56GH it can't hurt to apply. They want Studebakers at a big show...how nice! Send in the photos and see what happens. Sounds like a mini zone meet for us Stude folks.

Comment

This venue is well worth the drive....no matter how far, Saratoga Springs is one of the prettiest towns anywhere.
                  They usually do a car tour and boat cruise on Lake George as well. We've attended several shows here and will make the drive again.

Bill
                  Bill Foy
                  1000 Islands, Ontario
                  1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by AD56GH View Post
                    Hey, Bill, do you think my yellow 56 GH would fair well?

Gus
                    I think they would love it. The Sunday show is for original or restored cars as they are looking for cars done like they were delivered from the dealer. Send a note to the Concours guys and give them a little history of the car and mention that you just got your Sr Tab at Hershey. Send a couple nice pix. They will let you know.
                    Bill
                    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X