1962 Hawk model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Hawk model

After the R engines, my next project was to attempt to replicate the '64 GT Hawk I once owned. However the only model available is a '62 resin body which one mates to an AMT Starliner chassis. My fabricating skills are not sufficient to modify the side grills. So It'll be a '62 done to "look" like my'64. Which brings me to the purpose of this post. I'd need either a modern code or better yet the formula for the '64 color Moonlight Silver. I found several old codes but my paint guy can't cross reference them to anything today. Where should I start looking?

I have a Gt Hawk model made by a friend. He took an AMT kit and hand made the grill, tail lights etc He hand carved the grill out of aluminum stock. He wanted to make a model of each year hawk but passed before completion. He made one of my 61 Hawk. I have the rest of the parts he started with and maybe some day I will attempt to finish put my skills for this are nothing like his were.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

There is also an old Palmer? kit of the GT. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

S.C. Miller(Sam Miller) did a 64 GT Hawk kit along with the other two years.
        There was a damaged one on ebay recently. It sold pretty cheap. I have one but it has the wrong year wheel covers unlike this one. They kind of crude being slush cast but still neat.
        Attached Files

Comment

So no one knows where to look for a modern code or formula for Moonlight Silver?

Comment

Originally posted by Landman View Post
            After the R engines, my next project was to attempt to replicate the '64 GT Hawk I once owned. However the only model available is a '62 resin body which one mates to an AMT Starliner chassis. My fabricating skills are not sufficient to modify the side grills. So It'll be a '62 done to "look" like my'64. Which brings me to the purpose of this post. I'd need either a modern code or better yet the formula for the '64 color Moonlight Silver. I found several old codes but my paint guy can't cross reference them to anything today. Where should I start looking?
            I found this Moonlight Silver on the internet here :http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=32383

Comment

Originally posted by RDWEAVER View Post
              I found this Moonlight Silver on the internet here :http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?ppg=32383
              Thank you Mr. weaver.

Comment

I have a few of these kits.

http://s983.photobucket.com/user/sme...wk/04.jpg.html

Comment

Originally posted by Landman View Post
                  Here's the body with the closest thing I could find to "Moonlight Silver". I'll take the PPG code supplied by Mr.Weaver and see if they can do it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interior is coming along. Engine will be a supercharged R4.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The painted body has been foiled (chrome trim) and is sitting in the engine shop waiting for clearcoating. Started fabricating the induction system for the engine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161025_181234401_HDR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1711363That's it!
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]60312[/ATTACH]That's it!
                          Oops Mr. Bez, I got caught copying your engine . I hope there are no royalties involved.In any case,I used a Paxton supercharger.

Comment

The engine is in place in the chassis and clears everything. Had to modify the fan shroud and the right upper A arm but it now sits in the same mounts as it did as a Starliner engine. Made a false run at the vinyl toof. Have to do it again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

There it is done. Paint didn't turn out as expected. Looks better to the naked eye. The camera must have better eyesight than me.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X