Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the newest late model car with Stude power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the newest late model car with Stude power?

Has anyone ever seen a Studebaker engine swapped into anything newer than a 1980 car? It'd be fun to see one in an almost new car. I suppose it would be a nightmare project though...
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Ball is in your court Scott...
    Have at it!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Scott

Has anyone ever seen a Studebaker engine swapped into anything newer than a 1980 car? It'd be fun to see one in an almost new car. I suppose it would be a nightmare project though...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Ball is in your court Scott...
      Have at it!
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Scott

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I've often thought about swapping an R1 or R2 into an 70's corvette. I think it could be fit and look pretty cool. Often wondered how the Corvette guys would swallow it.

Comment

I've often thought about swapping an R1 or R2 into an 70's corvette. I think it could be fit and look pretty cool. Often wondered how the Corvette guys would swallow it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by nels

That's the nice thing about Corvettes...there are so many you can do practically anything to them and someone will like it.

Like common models of Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds...you can modify them with a clear conscience. Whereas with my Avanti, I feel l should keep it as stock as possible.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

That's the nice thing about Corvettes...there are so many you can do practically anything to them and someone will like it.

Like common models of Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds...you can modify them with a clear conscience. Whereas with my Avanti, I feel l should keep it as stock as possible.

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

This probably varies from state to state, but my question is, "Is this legal?" Generally speaking, I know older vehicles can receive newer engines, but I thought newer cars couldn't receive older engines. Aside from that, yeah, have at it [8D]....

As they say, with enough money and time, anything is possible

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

This probably varies from state to state, but my question is, "Is this legal?" Generally speaking, I know older vehicles can receive newer engines, but I thought newer cars couldn't receive older engines. Aside from that, yeah, have at it [8D]....

As they say, with enough money and time, anything is possible

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
                  [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
                  [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I thought you were going to put an R2 in a 1957 Bel-Air Sport Coupe (that would be a 2-door hardtop -no post- for the younger guys), Nels...complete with Fuel Injection signs on the front fenders? [}][}][}][}] BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I thought you were going to put an R2 in a 1957 Bel-Air Sport Coupe (that would be a 2-door hardtop -no post- for the younger guys), Nels...complete with Fuel Injection signs on the front fenders? [}][}][}][}] BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Nels...complete with Fuel Injection signs on the front fenders? BP
                        How about SUPERCHARGED on the front fender? That would throw those Chevy guys off!

Leonard Shepherd
                        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Nels...complete with Fuel Injection signs on the front fenders? BP
                          How about SUPERCHARGED on the front fender? That would throw those Chevy guys off!

Leonard Shepherd
                          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

A few years ago there were some students from East Tennessee State ( I believe) that put together and raced a Corvette that ran a diesel tractor engine that ran on vegitable oil. Proving that anything "can" be put into anything. Not necessarily easy, but it usually can be done.

David Frieburger, over on the CarJunkieTV.com forum was asking for suggestions for non-Chevy power plants for a Camaro. Maybe I dash over there and suggest the R2 engine for it!

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser

Comment

A few years ago there were some students from East Tennessee State ( I believe) that put together and raced a Corvette that ran a diesel tractor engine that ran on vegitable oil. Proving that anything "can" be put into anything. Not necessarily easy, but it usually can be done.

David Frieburger, over on the CarJunkieTV.com forum was asking for suggestions for non-Chevy power plants for a Camaro. Maybe I dash over there and suggest the R2 engine for it!

Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X