Fiberglass body parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglass body parts

Am looking for fiberglass body parts for C-Cab pickups 1949-1953 So far all i can find is fenders for the bed. Anyone have any source information, i would appreciate it.

That's about all the fiberglass that's available as far as I know. Tailgates and bed parts have been redone in steel.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

That's about all the fiberglass that's available as far as I know. Tailgates and bed parts have been redone in steel.

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54664,75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,439.30
      63 Lark 2 door
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a friend who started making molds for the doors several years ago. It's not a priority project for him; three molds done, one to go and I don't expect to see a set of inner and outer skins in the near future.[V]
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I have a friend who started making molds for the doors several years ago. It's not a priority project for him; three molds done, one to go and I don't expect to see a set of inner and outer skins in the near future.[V]
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I have heard rummor of fenders for some Studebakers but I have never seemed to find the source of it.

Randy_G
            1959 Lark Sedan
            www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

I have heard rummor of fenders for some Studebakers but I have never seemed to find the source of it.

Randy_G
              1959 Lark Sedan
              www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Tangible rumors can be found at York, Reedsville and other swap meets: pretty complete C/K bodys, C cab rear fenders and M series fenders.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10,
                '51 Commander Starlight,
                '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Tangible rumors can be found at York, Reedsville and other swap meets: pretty complete C/K bodys, C cab rear fenders and M series fenders.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10,
                  '51 Commander Starlight,
                  '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

There was a vendor on e-bay trying to sell a pair of C-Cab doors last week... don't think he got any bids,[B)] maybe they will be relisted.

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar
                    3E-6/7-122
                    </h5>
                    [img]
                    Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander
                    Zone Coordinator
                    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

There was a vendor on e-bay trying to sell a pair of C-Cab doors last week... don't think he got any bids,[B)] maybe they will be relisted.

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar
                      3E-6/7-122
                      </h5>
                      [img]
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander
                      Zone Coordinator
                      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd

Am looking for fiberglass body parts for C-Cab pickups 1949-1953 So far all i can find is fenders for the bed. Anyone have any source information, i would appreciate it.
                        Looks like another dead end, have talked too two sellers on ebay who had front fiberglass fenders from Newman Altman. But SASCO don't list them. And have had no response on an inquiry.

Found a company in CA. that makes rear fenders, tailgates, and a valance. Plus parts for the M models. And the company that made a complete front clip was sold and they dropped all the slow moving products. And only supply for the 53 cars.

Guess i'll just have to keep looking till i find some used ones.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd

Looks like another dead end, have talked too two sellers on ebay who had front fiberglass fenders from Newman Altman. But SASCO don't list them. And have had no response on an inquiry.

Found a company in CA. that makes rear fenders, tailgates, and a valance. Plus parts for the M models. And the company that made a complete front clip was sold and they dropped all the slow moving products. And only supply for the 53 cars.

Guess i'll just have to keep looking till i find some used ones.

Comment

I've heard about a place in Stark Fla. that makes a lot of stuff for trucks but don't know anything for sure. They shouldn't be too hard to find. Stark is not a very big town. NT

Neil Thornton
                            Hazlehurst, GA
                            '57 Silver Hawk
                            '56 Sky Hawk
                            '51 2R16 dump truck
                            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I've heard about a place in Stark Fla. that makes a lot of stuff for trucks but don't know anything for sure. They shouldn't be too hard to find. Stark is not a very big town. NT

Neil Thornton
                              Hazlehurst, GA
                              '57 Silver Hawk
                              '56 Sky Hawk
                              '51 2R16 dump truck
                              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X