Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1952 Commander Could Sell Cheap on Ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 Commander Could Sell Cheap on Ebay.

This 52 Commander with overdrive looks pretty good for the price. It has some of the best chrome I've seen on a 52.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322318672697...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's the second or third 52 I have seen that was damaged in the right front. What is it about that corner of the car that gets hit so often?
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Fender Bender? Maybe they are driving them with the optional (Right Front Wheel Delete)!
      Last edited by Studeous; 11-07-2016, 09:01 AM.
      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
      sigpic
      Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
      in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

When I first saw the pictures the chrome caught my attention. It is above average for sure. The thing that would make me reluctant to bid on a car like that without seeing it is the rust. The rear fender and deck lid are showing badly and I would have to examine the car very closely before owning it. It can most certainly be fixed, but the economics of the repairs gets involved.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Any rust was always a big turn off for me, but just to have the nice chrome is much of the value here, and even if it was just driven as is, it would be a good car for the price.

Comment

I'd still want to find out what's behind this and what that is hanging under the car. I have no problem with driving if if it's not a rust pile underneath.
            Attached Files
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
              That's the second or third 52 I have seen that was damaged in the right front. What is it about that corner of the car that gets hit so often?
              Well...considering the age of our Studebaker enthusiast population...as our eyesight falters, depth perception is certainly an element of aging eyes. I have seen more than one car suffering from a driver who had his license renewed one time too many. It is not limited to 1952 Studebakers. I have seen right side dings, scrapes, and dents on many Studebakers, and all sorts of vehicles driven by elderly drivers. Of course, it is not limited to the elderly. I have been guilty of misjudging clearances myself (before I became elderly). Then there are some folks naturally clumsy, and others who just plain don't care.

Sad to say, I will probably add to that, "driving too long" statistic. If we live long enough, it will be a difficult decision for us all.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It's only got an hour or two to go with NO bids.

I wonder if it would have been better to start at $100 with a $1600 reserve?
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  Well...considering the age of our Studebaker enthusiast population...as our eyesight falters, depth perception is certainly an element of aging eyes. I have seen more than one car suffering from a driver who had his license renewed one time too many. It is not limited to 1952 Studebakers. I have seen right side dings, scrapes, and dents on many Studebakers, and all sorts of vehicles driven by elderly drivers. Of course, it is not limited to the elderly. I have been guilty of misjudging clearances myself (before I became elderly). Then there are some folks naturally clumsy, and others who just plain don't care.

Sad to say, I will probably add to that, "driving too long" statistic. If we live long enough, it will be a difficult decision for us all.
                  Perhaps this is why "Self driving cars" are becoming 'a standard option in newer vehicles?'
                  JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Had it been closer I might have bought it to repair the damage the neighborhood vandals did to my 52 Land Cruiser 40 years ago.

Comment

That's one thing I do not miss about Minneapolis - vandalism. It does not seem nearly as prevalent here in Redwood City, CA as it did back home when I was a pup.

Comment

Working...
                      X