No announcement yet.

Peter Sauer's Langley Airport Cruise Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JUdy is going to have to let Peter travel by himself soon as he is going to retire. There is a 10 year age difference between Judy and Peter and Peter cannot sit by and do nothing when there are all those fantastic places to see before kicking the bucket!
    Yes it is Langley Canada and if one wants other pictures Istvan Pinter did some professional photographs and he is selling them. He can be reached at istvan@studebaker.ca.

quote:Originally posted by Guido

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

OK Steve, do you know where Langley is[?][}]
    I know where Langley Air Force Base is in Virginia (in fact I drove by it today), but I know that Judy would not have let Peter come to Virginia without her. So I suspect that you mean the Langley Township Regional Airport in Langley, BC. Have you ever been to their Canada Day celebration?

Comment

JUdy is going to have to let Peter travel by himself soon as he is going to retire. There is a 10 year age difference between Judy and Peter and Peter cannot sit by and do nothing when there are all those fantastic places to see before kicking the bucket!
      Yes it is Langley Canada and if one wants other pictures Istvan Pinter did some professional photographs and he is selling them. He can be reached at istvan@studebaker.ca.

quote:Originally posted by Guido

OK Steve, do you know where Langley is[?][}]
      I know where Langley Air Force Base is in Virginia (in fact I drove by it today), but I know that Judy would not have let Peter come to Virginia without her. So I suspect that you mean the Langley Township Regional Airport in Langley, BC. Have you ever been to their Canada Day celebration?

Comment

Studerich those are old pictures and now I have the canopy it's called my shaggin wagon! or a place to pull over and have a nap on a long journey.
        Peter

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Wow! Peter's Champ without the camper that he and Judy took to South Bend! Is he making a drag race truck out of it now? [}]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA

Comment

Studerich those are old pictures and now I have the canopy it's called my shaggin wagon! or a place to pull over and have a nap on a long journey.
          Peter

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Wow! Peter's Champ without the camper that he and Judy took to South Bend! Is he making a drag race truck out of it now? [}]

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA

Comment

that is the same car as the one with no hood (Willie's) the reason for no hood is a over heating problem and his installing a fan shroud has cured his 2 year overheating problem. The willies was once a 4 door and this is what it is now. Gerry put a lot of sweat and elbow grease into building this car. Gerry is now in the process of restoring a 64 Daytona Convertible and is a fairly rare car as it is a 6 cyl. automatic and was built in Canada.
            Peter

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

Steve,
            Great pictures of both Studebakers and planes. What is the tan car in the back ground of the picture of the Hawk ubder the jets wing?

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.

Comment

that is the same car as the one with no hood (Willie's) the reason for no hood is a over heating problem and his installing a fan shroud has cured his 2 year overheating problem. The willies was once a 4 door and this is what it is now. Gerry put a lot of sweat and elbow grease into building this car. Gerry is now in the process of restoring a 64 Daytona Convertible and is a fairly rare car as it is a 6 cyl. automatic and was built in Canada.
              Peter

Steve,
              Great pictures of both Studebakers and planes. What is the tan car in the back ground of the picture of the Hawk ubder the jets wing?

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.

Comment

the tan one is your own member Glenn Martin of Oak Harbour. Wa. he is in the process of restoring a 57 Transtar 3/4 ton right now and I believe the tan 2R5 is for sale? it the person who buys it pays the right price.
                the Purple one is owned by a fellow B.C. Coastal Chapter member and he has put a lot of sweat and elbow grease into that car to and is worth a pretty penny.
                Peter

That first picture of the trucks taken from high up is very cool. I like the tan R series with the grill body color. Makes the truck look better in my opinion. Of course the purple one looks very nice also.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

the tan one is your own member Glenn Martin of Oak Harbour. Wa. he is in the process of restoring a 57 Transtar 3/4 ton right now and I believe the tan 2R5 is for sale? it the person who buys it pays the right price.
                  the Purple one is owned by a fellow B.C. Coastal Chapter member and he has put a lot of sweat and elbow grease into that car to and is worth a pretty penny.
                  Peter

That first picture of the trucks taken from high up is very cool. I like the tan R series with the grill body color. Makes the truck look better in my opinion. Of course the purple one looks very nice also.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

Mark I do not think this is ever going to be a repeated process, but our Christmas dinner is going to be held at this same airport in January but not for this type of picture taking. You waited to long looking for that nice transtar pu of yours. I originally remember U wanted something totally different?
                    Peter

quote:Originally posted by dictator27

For those who might be interested, Langley, BC is east of Vancouver right down by the US border. The airport started life right after WW2 as a private airstrip owned by a crop dusting company that had a fleet of 6 Stearman biplanes. One of them is still at the airport. It has 2 runways, 01/19 is paved, 2100 feet, sandwiched between 56th Avenue and the Fraser Highway, and 07/25 is 2370 feet, grass and a rough ride! Because it is close to the border, there are a lot of US students taking their flight training at the airport. In spite of its small size, it is the busiest helicopter airport in Canada. Those planes are part of the Canadian Museum of Flight which is behind the top picture.

Terry
                    Terry, I understand that these pics were taken last spring when the local Chapter held a meeting at the Airport... likely to be repeated this coming spring??

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar
                    3E-6/7-122
                    </h5>
                    [img]

Comment

Mark I do not think this is ever going to be a repeated process, but our Christmas dinner is going to be held at this same airport in January but not for this type of picture taking. You waited to long looking for that nice transtar pu of yours. I originally remember U wanted something totally different?
                      Peter

quote:Originally posted by dictator27

For those who might be interested, Langley, BC is east of Vancouver right down by the US border. The airport started life right after WW2 as a private airstrip owned by a crop dusting company that had a fleet of 6 Stearman biplanes. One of them is still at the airport. It has 2 runways, 01/19 is paved, 2100 feet, sandwiched between 56th Avenue and the Fraser Highway, and 07/25 is 2370 feet, grass and a rough ride! Because it is close to the border, there are a lot of US students taking their flight training at the airport. In spite of its small size, it is the busiest helicopter airport in Canada. Those planes are part of the Canadian Museum of Flight which is behind the top picture.

Terry
                      Terry, I understand that these pics were taken last spring when the local Chapter held a meeting at the Airport... likely to be repeated this coming spring??

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar
                      3E-6/7-122
                      </h5>
                      [img]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dah

Mark I do not think this is ever going to be a repeated process, but our Christmas dinner is going to be held at this same airport in January but not for this type of picture taking. You waited too long looking for that nice transtar pu of yours. I originally remember U wanted something totally different?
                        Peter
                        Maybe true Peter... but I believe you haven't waited too long when you wind up with the vehicle you really like.[] While it is true I would have loved to have a larger (1 Ton+) Transtar/Diesel, etc., the truth is I do not have heated, covered storage for such a vehicle... (and I am not about to go garage shopping like Craig did[}] - I hate moving![xx(] My Transtar was the practical choice. Besides, the cab is identical to the bigger units.[:0]
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander
                        Zone Coordinator
                        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dah

Mark I do not think this is ever going to be a repeated process, but our Christmas dinner is going to be held at this same airport in January but not for this type of picture taking. You waited too long looking for that nice transtar pu of yours. I originally remember U wanted something totally different?
                          Peter
                          Maybe true Peter... but I believe you haven't waited too long when you wind up with the vehicle you really like.[] While it is true I would have loved to have a larger (1 Ton+) Transtar/Diesel, etc., the truth is I do not have heated, covered storage for such a vehicle... (and I am not about to go garage shopping like Craig did[}] - I hate moving![xx(] My Transtar was the practical choice. Besides, the cab is identical to the bigger units.[:0]
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander
                          Zone Coordinator
                          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Working...
                          X