No announcement yet.

Need example of dealership script -Colonial Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:I don't know why or how owners of new cars would have stood for those dealer emblems. I mean, to take a BRAND NEW car and drill holes in it and attatch and UGLY "billboard" is just criminal!
    When did this "drilling" stop, and dealers start using decals? Man I'd be pissed if I finally saved up enough green to buy a new car, and some dealership monkey came out and drilled holes in my car to stick an ad on the back. At least now all I gotta do is spend 5 minutes with the hair dryer to get the ad off.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/DansStudes/
    Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

quote:I don't know why or how owners of new cars would have stood for those dealer emblems. I mean, to take a BRAND NEW car and drill holes in it and attatch and UGLY "billboard" is just criminal!
      When did this "drilling" stop, and dealers start using decals? Man I'd be pissed if I finally saved up enough green to buy a new car, and some dealership monkey came out and drilled holes in my car to stick an ad on the back. At least now all I gotta do is spend 5 minutes with the hair dryer to get the ad off.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/DansStudes/
      Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
        On Studebakers, I usually put a "Studebaker" frame on most cars because it can be read from a distance and it helps to prevent tailgating by those trying to read the small script on the car.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Thanks Gary... another + for Studebaker pick-ups!

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>
        [img]
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander
        Zone Coordinator
        Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
          On Studebakers, I usually put a "Studebaker" frame on most cars because it can be read from a distance and it helps to prevent tailgating by those trying to read the small script on the car.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Thanks Gary... another + for Studebaker pick-ups!

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>
          [img]
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander
          Zone Coordinator
          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Daan

Dan, it was around the early 80's. When the manufactures started using tape on the back of the emblems, the dealers emblems did too. There is a Chevy dealer in Plant City, FL that still sticks these things on as well as a Ford dealer in Brandon using decals. The only time I'm glad for the drilled holes was a dealer plate I found on a '62 Dodge Lancer with a 'Hodges' plate on the deck lid. If you remember the hayday of Super Stock racing, Hodges sponsored the Ramchargers cars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Daan

Dan, it was around the early 80's. When the manufactures started using tape on the back of the emblems, the dealers emblems did too. There is a Chevy dealer in Plant City, FL that still sticks these things on as well as a Ford dealer in Brandon using decals. The only time I'm glad for the drilled holes was a dealer plate I found on a '62 Dodge Lancer with a 'Hodges' plate on the deck lid. If you remember the hayday of Super Stock racing, Hodges sponsored the Ramchargers cars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
              X