65-66 chevy baker mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65-66 chevy baker mounts

Hey guys not looking to cause any hate and discontent, but i just picked up an original paint 59 lark …..of course its pink or tahiti choral or whatever. The engine is roached cause the guy i bought it from left it outside with the plugs out. I have really liked early larks since I saw an old march 1960 issue of hot rod with a new lark with a 392 hemi , dog dish hubcaps etc. TOTAL SLEEPER! my plan is to clean it up ,leave it very stock looking on the outside with wheel vintiques steel wheels 5" front 8" rear.I have a really hot 327 in the shed with an m21 muncie , ran 11.20s in my 57 chevy a few years ago. Also have a 389 9" ford rear end. So my question is….Any body have a set of original 65-66 chevy baker engine mount brackets? I know there is repops available but hoping for originals. Thanks Lumpy . PS hoping to run this at CA hot rod reunion in 2017.

The originals on my 66 Cruiser were toast so I replaced them with urethane mounts. There were 2 that might fit so I bought both from the local speed shop & used the one that fit & sent the other back. Yes, they knew when I purchased them what I was doing so going back for a refund on the one pair was a no hassle situation.

I would advise against the originals due to the recalls that Chevy had in the late 60's for their mounts. The later designs had provisions in case they let go they wouldn't go far. If you have ever driven a Stude & the left mount breaks you'd know what I mean. Also applies to Chevy versions too.

P.S. WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Studebaker International. 317-462-3124. Engine to frame bracket for 1965-66 models. Can be used on earner sedans. Part # 1563714-5. $185.00 for the pair

Comment

He is asking for original cast iron frame mounts not the repops.
        The motor mounts are the rubber mounts,the frame mounts are cast iron and as far as I know,the repos are cast aluminum.1563714/15.
        Email me if your want original ones.
        I depend on friends to locate parts in my huge warehouse , so please have patience
        Robert Kapteyn
        studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! And yes Robert thats exactly what I'm looking for, Email sent

Comment

Yes the re-pops are Aluminum.

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
            He is asking for original cast iron frame mounts not the repops.
            The motor mounts are the rubber mounts,the frame mounts are cast iron and as far as I know,the repos are cast aluminum.1563714/15.
            Email me if your want original ones.
            I depend on friends to locate parts in my huge warehouse , so please have patience
            Robert Kapteyn
            studebaker@mac.com
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I have a set from a 81 Avanti II. One side is iron but the other side is cast bronze. Without digging them out I don't remember which side was the bronze one. I'd sell them for $100.00 plus shipping if interested. Let me know.

Jim Pepper
              jimpepper60@gmail.com
              james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
                I have a set from a 81 Avanti II. One side is iron but the other side is cast bronze. Without digging them out I don't remember which side was the bronze one. I'd sell them for $100.00 plus shipping if interested. Let me know.

Jim Pepper
                jimpepper60@gmail.com
                thanks Jim Robert thinks he has a pair , if that falls thru ill contact you Thank you Colin

Comment

Working...
                X