Off topic free wheel chair lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic free wheel chair lift

I know this is not exactly the place for this and I feel a little stupid offering this up but...I bought a late model Ford E150 van that was previously owned by a paraplegic. It came equipped with a side door wheel chair lift. I've removed it along with other components and need to get it gone. I've run an ad in CL hoping to find someone that actually might need it and could not afford one but no calls so it will be going to the junk man soon. It would make a nice lift for moving Studebaker parts or engines in and out of a van or whatever. It's free if you pick it up. It is heavy.

Location?

If no takers, then give it to Goodwill, or some such that can sell it.

Comment

Also might try a local Veterans group, or even the VA.

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

As has been asked, where are you? My son has two vehicles w/ lifts and knows people who need them. So, obviously, location is important.
        Perry
        \'50 Business Champion
        \'50 Starlight Champion
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Perry, Nels is in Ohio. since my wife's passing last month I will be getting rid of power scooters, hoyer lift, hospital beds, lift on my motor home and also my 2001 chry. HC van..Bob 510-266-2522
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Nels, If it was closer I know people that could use it but mostly wanted to say please dont feel stupid for trying to be considerate of others less fortunate. Even when it bites you it is still the right thing to do. I dont think anyone here will mind the post being here. Steve

And you probably have a home or center for special needs children that could use it or contact your local Shrine. They will be happy to take it off your hands.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I'm getting lots of suggestions which is good. I'll let it go here a couple days then start calling the suggestions. I know this stuff isn't cheap and I did try to remove it in somewhat of an orderly manner with photos as I progressed. Someone not so fortunate hopefully will end up with it. But if I can't find a taker it would work as a tool also.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                And you probably have a home or center for special needs children that could use it or contact your local Shrine. They will be happy to take it off your hands.
                Even a hotel that offers a shuttle service just might consider it.

Craig

Comment

Bob Peterson, PM sent.
                  Perry
                  \'50 Business Champion
                  \'50 Starlight Champion
                  \'60 Lark Convertible,
                  \'63 GT R1,
                  \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
                  X