Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1752000Click image for larger version

Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1752001I did some traveling this past weekend through east Texas from Shreveport to Galveston and back. I noticed these Studebakers by the side of the road with "For sale" signs on them. Just posting the info here as a public service in case someone here on the forum might be interested.

The Hawk is located on the west side of US 59 about 5 miles or so north of Lufkin. Looks pretty rusty to me. Owner told me it has a small block Chevy in it now, but he plans to pull it to put it in another car. Dash has been removed. I didn't look underneath. Owner says he wants "twelve to fifteen hundred" Owner's name is Ronnie. Phone number 936-414-5478
    Click image for larger version

Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1752002Click image for larger version

Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1752003

The Champ is located on the north side of US 79 just on the Texas side of the Texas - Louisiana border. Owner says it has a 289 and 4-speed. The truck has Arizona tags on it (expired in 2015) and the owner claimed the previous owner drove it from Arizona. Looks straight with no obvious rust, so that may be true. Windshield is broken. I didn't hear it run. I didn't get underneath this one either. I didn't get the owner's name, but his phone number is 903-286-9528. He has $4900 on the "For sale" sign.

I also spotted an early Lark between Lufkin and Nagcodoches on US 59, but that one didn't have a sign on it so I didn't take any pictures.

Tom
Working...
X